Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs

Guys! I have been cooking so much lately that I haven't had time to post all my meals to the blog. I'm going to try to get caught up so you all can see how amazingly well my husband has been eating :) This one that your about to see was good, but I'm not a huge meat eater so it wasn't anything special to me really. However, my thoughts don't really matter to me... it's Dan opinions that count.

Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs (www.budgetbytes.com) $10.98

Ingredients
  • 1 med yellow onion
  • 1 rack (2.5 lbs.) pork spare ribs
  • 18 oz. bbq sauce
  • 1 cup apple sauce
  • ½ cup apple juice
  • to taste salt and pepper 

Thinly slice the onion and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker.


Cut the ribs into two rib portions. Season with salt and pepper.



Arrange half of the ribs in on top of the onion in the slow cooker. Cover with half of the BBQ sauce.



 Place the rest of the ribs on top and cover with the rest of the BBQ sauce. 



Pour the apple sauce and apple juice in around the edges of the ribs so it fills in the spaces between meat without washing off all of the BBQ sauce.


Secure the lid tightly on the slow cooker, turn on low heat and let cook for 8 hours. When the ribs are done, carefully remove them from the pot. They will be very tender and can fall apart easily so lift gently. 


 Fish out the onions and serve on top of the ribs.



Dan rated this meal a 4 out of 5 stars. It was good and easy, but not something I would crave.

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS