40 Weeks - Scheduled Induction

Well, we are only one day shy of 40 weeks.


I had my last doctor appointment this past week and didn't get the best of news. My blood pressure has steadily been on the rise for the past couple of weeks. When I went in for my last check up it was 140 which was pretty unusual for me since I'm often lower than 110. The doctor voiced concerns about preeclampsia and started asking me if I had noticed any swelling, headaches, etc. I really hadn't and even though I feel crappy I can't complain about much. He said that was a good thing, but that the baby is probably putting a lot of stress on my body at this point and the only way to get my blood pressure down is to deliver. I have been scheduled to be induced today at 8:30 in the morning. He said he will first give me some Pitocin and after a while break my water. The baby will come at any time after that. I could deliver in the afternoon... or much later into the evening. 

Right now the baby is the size of a watermelon and weighing in between 7-9 lbs. The baby is still measuring on target, the heartbeat was 143, and head is still down. After my appointment last week I was still 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. I haven't made much progress in that department.

I really wanted to go naturally if possible, but with my personality I also like to be able to plan so I'm taking the induction as a blessing. Right now my attitude is just "go with the flow." Basically, I don't have much control at this point and Baby Rhoton will come when it's ready :) Next time we chat hopefully I will have someone new to introduce you to!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS