Blueberry Croissant Puff

One weekend I decided I was going to make breakfast for Dan and I. I always seem to be finding recipes for dinner time since Dan usually comes home from work and heads off to bed right away so there really is no point in focusing my energy on breakfast time. However, making dinner dishes all the time gets kind of boring after a while so I decided to switch it up. The breakfast dish was easy and makes 10 servings. I think it would be good for a family get together or something since Dan and I were eating on it for several mornings to come.

Blueberry Croissant Puff (www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com)

Ingredients

  • 3 large croissants, cut up (about 5 to 5 1/2 cups)
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (I used fresh)
  • 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened 
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place croissant pieces in a 9 inch square pan. Sprinkle with blueberries.

Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Gradually add milk, beating well after each addition. Pour evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes or soak overnight.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until set in center and golden brown. You might want to cover it with foil for the last 10 minutes if the top is getting too browned.

Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar.


** This can easily be doubled in a 9X13 pan**

Dan rated this breakfast a 3.5 stars... but like I said he isn't a huge breakfast eater. I would have rated it a 4 stars at least.

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS