30 Before 30 - Run another 5K (Greenwood Trail Trek)

This weekend I ran another 5K. I signed up for the Greenwood Trail Trek kind of last minute. I just happened to see it posted on a race website and figured why not? It was very close to home and the price was right! The only not so great thing about it was that the weather got downright chilly that morning of the race. O'well... better 40 degrees than 90 degrees I suppose. And the greatest thing about this race was my best buddy came along!


This was Remi's first time ever attending a race that I have ran in. Usually the races that I run take a long time or it is super hot outside. This race was perfect for my buddy! He was so well behaved while I was running. Dan said the only problems he had with Remi was him whimpering while I was gone. What can I say, my boy loves his Mom!



This was probably the smallest race I have ever ran in. I would say there was probably only 200 people there at the most. It was a nice change of pace and you didn't feel like people were standing on top of each other.


The race took you through historic downtown Greenwood along part of the city's trail system. It was chilly out, but man was it a gorgeous day to run! Not a cloud in the sky and calm as could be! Plus all the proceeds went toward the future expansion of the trail system.



While I was gone... Remington of course was determined to find me! "Dad... stop takin' pics, we gotta find Mom! Let's head south!"



I ended up finishing the 3.1 miles in 28 minutes 34 seconds according to my watch. They still haven't posted the actual race results, but I trust my time more than theirs. My average mile pace was 9 minutes 12 seconds! I couldn't believe it! I beat my last PR by 1 minute 15 seconds and my average mile pace by 24 seconds!


Best of all I was reunited with my boy at last which made us both happy!


And I got a cool shirt, new luffa, foot scrub, and a little carrying case! SCORE!


Time to check "Run another 5K" off my 30 Before 30 List! Only 29 more to go folks!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS