Thankful Thursday (Vacations)

Today I'm thankful for the thought of vacations. What a wonderful thought it is! Dan and I had started looking into vacations a while ago because we often like to book things early since you can get a better rate. The number one thing I look for in a vacation is the possibility of bringing my dog. Boarding can get expensive and I worry about Remington the whole time he is there.

Anyways, first we were thinking about going to Barkwells in North Carolina. It is pretty much a 8 acre fenced in vacation spot that you can take your dog. Dogs can run, swim, play, relax without a worry in the world. I love dogs and thought this would be perfect.


However, after pricing things out it was a little too expensive for my blood and it would have been over 8 hours of drive time.

Anyways, after that I came across a website called vbro.com. Pretty much you can look at houses that people rent out all over the world and many of them are pet friendly. Dan and I didn't really want to drive far, but wanted to go some place we could relax, have fun, and most importantly make sure Remington had a great time.  I ended up running across a place called Evergreen Farms in Nashville, TN. There is a small cozy cabin located on 100 acres of land. The cabin is pet friendly and the price we got for a week long stay was unbeatable! We also have our own little private in-ground pool! After reading over 33 reviews... all 5 stars, I fell in love!!!


Entrance to the Farm


Porch of the cabin (with a peacock sitting there)


Walking entrance to the cabin


Outside of the cabin


Private in-ground pool

I think Dan and I plan to book the property for a week long stay in the spring or summer. The spot is only 10 minutes from Nashville, but far enough in the country that its really private.  Plus... it doesn't get much better for Remington than to have 100 acres of land to roam on!  I'm hoping we will like it well enough that it will become our little getaway spot for the future.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That looks awesome! And I'd love to go to Nashville. Hope you guys have fun!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS