Mileage & CrossFit Monday

Running stats and CrossFit WOD's for the week of March 3rd - March 9th... this week didn't turn out the way that I had imagined it. After a quick 4 mile run on Tuesday I started having horrible knee pain in both of my knees. After talking to several of my running buddies and doing some Google searches I figured out that my problem was probably IT band syndrome that was causing the pain. I guess it is one of the most common running injuries that people experience.


If the band is inflamed or tight is can start causing pain on the outside of the knees, which is exactly what I was experiencing. Some of the things that can help with the pain is taking a break from activity, doing specific stretches that focus on the band, and foam rolling. I started doing all of these immediately in hopes of getting rid of the pain ASAP! For most of the week my knees hurt, especially going up and down the stairs. To tell you the truth I felt like an old lady walking around. On Saturday I started feeling better, but took another day to rest up. On Sunday I had the best intentions of running, but took another day off to make sure I was 100% for the awesome weather we were going to have on Monday and Tuesday! I'm still feeling pain once in a while, but I do plan to start slowing running again this week. Hopefully, I don't have any other issues.

 
Monday, March 3rd, 2014 -  At Home WOD: 100 sit ups, 100 squats, 100 push ups

Tuesday, March 4th, 2014 - Ran 4 "fast" miles

Wednesday, March 5th, 2014 - REST DAY... IT Band stretches & foam rolling

Thursday, March 6th, 2014 - REST DAY... IT Band stretches & foam rolling

Friday, March 7th, 2014 - REST DAY... IT Band stretches & foam rolling

Saturday, March 8th, 2014 - REST DAY... IT Band stretches & foam rolling

Sunday, March 9th, 2014 - REST DAY... IT Band stretches & foam rolling

Total miles ran this week : 4 miles

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS