36 Weeks

Well, here we are at 36 weeks! How did that happen and the time move by so quickly. We are down to the nitty gritty. I'm feeling overwhelmed that time has gotten away from me and the baby will be here way before I'm ready for it to be.


"Look Ma! Your belly is bigger than my head!"

I had my most recent appointment yesterday. I had been having some major cramping and the doctor said that it is my body telling me to slow down which I did right away. My feet and hands have started to swell a little bit but not badly... just enough where my wedding ring is fitting snuggly on my finger. I'm still having awful acid reflux, aching in my hips, restless legs, and trouble sleeping... but really for the most part I'm feeling really good.

Currently the baby is the size of a melon and weighing in at 6.2 pounds. We had an ultrasound done and the babies head is facing down and resting very low. Dan and I were really looking forward to some great pictures, but the baby had it's hands over it's face the entire time. BOO! However, everything looked good and healthy which is what I'm most worried about.  The babies heartbeat was 128 and I'm measuring right on target. Currently, I have gained 28 pounds and my body feels every pound as it is very hard to do much of anything.


I did make sure I got my summer flowers planted! All 240 of them!

The doctor said that the ultrasound shows I have an excellent amount of fluid which means if my water breaks I will know it. Uhhhhggg! Good heavens! He also said that I am a 1/2 centimeter dilated. WHOA! It just doesn't seem possible that Dan and I will be parents of a human in a month or less.

We have been making progress on the nursery slowly but surely. I'm hoping I will have some pictures of the finished product for you soon.


Here's a sneak peek of one of the major projects we have been working on for the babies room! The "READ" wall! I love it so much!

We have also gotten a lot of our "big" stuff from several of the showers we've had, so a lot of time has been spent putting all that stuff together. I still need to organize all the little stuff and figure out my plan of attack when the baby arrives if that is even possible. I just want to be as prepared as possible when the time does actually come.


Remi has been helping as much as possible with the baby preparations!

Like I said, time is slowly slipping away from us! Even though I'm terrified... I'm also super excited to meet this new little being that I'm sure will take hold of Dan, Remington and my heart! A new adventure is about to begin whether we are ready for it or not.

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS