38 Weeks

We aren't sure how much longer Baby Rhoton is planning on staying put inside my belly so we thought we had better take one last belly shot just in case he or she decides to make an early appearance. We are as ready as we'll ever be at this point and both terrified and excited all at the same time.


Right now the baby is the size of a swiss chard and probably weighing in at around 7 lbs. Can anyone tell me what the heck a swiss chard is? I have never heard of it before! I had a doctor appointment yesterday and everything is checking out much the same as it was the week before. I have gained a total of 30 lbs now (boy I'm really packing them on). The baby is still measuring on target, head still down, and the doctor said he or she is hanging out on the right side of my belly. The heartbeat was 145. I am now 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced. He said that the baby could come at anytime or it could hold out for another 2 weeks. 

I asked him about all the aches and pains I had been experiencing lately and he basically told me that is probably normal at this point because of my small frame and my body trying to deal with all the extra weight I'm carrying. That is definitely one thing I'm looking forward to once I'm no longer pregnant... trying to get my body back to normal.

Dan and I did recently take a tour of the hospital we will be delivering at. We were really impressed with it. Most of the area has been completely renovated and all the rooms are super nice. Going made me feel a little better about what to expect when the time comes. I guess now we are just playing a waiting game. I highly doubt there will be any further pregnancy posts... but if we do go up to 40+ weeks I will try to get a last one up for you.

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS