Baby Shower with my Residents

For those of you who know me well, know that I'm not into being the center of attention. You could probably tell that by how I did my wedding... super small and low key! So having a baby has been an adjustment for me since I know that I need to have baby showers to help with all the "things" that a baby needs. I will be having several baby showers coming up in the next few weeks that I will share with you, but the first one I had was very heartwarming for me and one I will remember always.

My supervisor planned one which included all my residents at Aspen Trace. I had 45 residents show up for the shower which was a great turn out and made me feel super loved. The room was packed full with my ladies smiling faces. It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

Now, there will be very few pictures since I am not allowed to post pictures publicly of my residents but I will try to include what I can for you. No presents were given since it is company policy that residents are not allowed to give employees gifts. But... what there was a lot of was punch, cake, games, laughter, love, and support from these ladies I have come to love much like family.


Party favors with the "HE" or "SHE" colored in!


Baby Rhoton cake!


Punch!


Room decorations!


Games! We played a games where the residents had to make a list of A-Z girl and boy baby names, finish off the nursery rhyme listed, and baby items price is right.


Me and my supervisor who threw me the shower :) I look horrible in this picture... uhhhgggg!

The one gift I did receive "from my residents" was a book called The Real Mother Goose. Inside they had all signed their names and written me little notes. I will cherish it forever! It truly was a very special time with some very special people!

Very thankful for all who shared it with me!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS