4th of July Vacation!

Well, I'm a little late with this post. Between Remington being sick and all the stuff I wanted to get done around the house I failed to post this in a timely manner! So... without further waiting... here you go!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Since the 4th of July fell on a Wednesday this year, I decided to take some vacation days on Monday and Tuesday so I would have 5 full days off from work! Heaven!

I had a HUGE To-Do List of things I wanted to get done during my days off, but first Dan and I headed up to Cincinnati to spend the weekend with Aunt Boo and her family! Dan has a large family so it is hard to get everyone together. We hadn't seen Dan's cousins, Christopher and Dawn in several months so our trip was long overdue... as well as our game playing!

We dropped Remington off at Barkefellers bright and early so we could get on the road before traffic hit!


I used to not be able to take him here without crying, but since his anal gland surgery when he was away from us for 5 full days and nights with a horrible recovery, I now tell myself he can't go through anything much worst than that.

When we arrived at Boo's it was time to start the party!


We are two crazy ladies!

I hadn't had time the night before to make my 4th of July treat, so I brought all the stuff I needed and made it at Boo's house!




Firecracker Cake! Pretty festive eh?

Most of our time was spent playing games! Boo is a big game player so that was the main objective during our stay!



There were several games of Pictionary!


Catch Phrase!


That got REALLY intense! LOL!

We also played SkipBo... and worked on putting together a 1000 piece puzzle!



I accidentally caught Grandpa snoozing in the background... hehe!

Oh yes... and we drank many of these...

 Love those Hurricane Alleys!

A trip to Grandpa's favorite Mexican Restaurant ended our stay.


Our favorite people from the weekend!


Christopher and I


Grandpa's GIANT Margarita!!! Secretly this is why it's Grandpa's favorite Mexican Restaurant!


I was loving this GIANT blow of queso! And I wonder why Dan is embarrassed to go out with me :)

As always we had a great time during our stay! It is always sad to leave though because we know it will probably be a while before we get to see them again! 

Thanks for being the hostess with the mostest Boo! Next time it can be at our house! I hope everyone enjoyed their 4th of July as much as we did!

1 comment:

blonde81714 said...

Wow, that cake looks fantastic! Yum!!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS