Thankful Thursday (Water)

Today I'm thankful for water! We are on a water ban where I live because we have had no rain for so long and all our water reserves are way below where they should be. Even the retention ponds in my area are almost bone dry... all the ducks and geese just stand around in the puddles left behind.

No one in the area is allowed to have any sprinklers turned on or even wash their cars. You can water flowers and vegetable gardens, but you have to actually be holding your watering hose. It just seems crazy to me that we are in such a drought right now. The news even said it would take 8 inches of rain for us to move out of our extreme drought we are in. UHHHHGGGG!

I read in Bark Magazine recently that people should be putting bowls of water outside for the animals because they are so thirsty. Squirrels and birds have been on the look out for little bowls to get a drink from or take a bath in.


It's funny how much you take water for granted and how important it is to every living creature! What I wouldn't give for 3 straight days of rain, but I am thankful for the clean refreshing water I do have!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS