Mileage Monday

Running stats for the week of July 9th - July 15th... I think I got a little more realistic this past week. I finally admitted to myself that I'm probably not gonna run this half marathon in the Fall. Sad I know. This is two years straight that this goal has passed me by. Because I have been so lazy the past three weeks or so with my running, I'm pretty much starting over endurance wise. I know I'll be able to build up more quickly than normal, but still... I can't see myself being in shape enough to run a half marathon straight through and that was my goal. I'm frustrated with myself that I'm starting over. It isn't like I didn't know what would happen when I took such a long break from running. My plan is to slowly start doing some running this upcoming week. Nothing spectacular, but something at least. Who knows, I may surprise myself and still do the half marathon this year... I mean stranger things could happen right?

Mainly, I have no goal right now besides just running. It doesn't matter how often, fast, or long I go... it just matters that I run. I like this thought right now because it really frees me from the guilt and pressure I feel when I don't get my "scheduled" runs in. Now it's more about having fun and staying healthy. And... if I do feel like I'm able to do a half in October or November then I'll sign up last minute and do it!

Big sigh of relief!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That's how I felt after the big race was over. A lot of relief that I could run when I wanted and didn't have to fee pressured to do any specific mileage or anything. Enjoy it - it's great for you! :)

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS