Full Speed Ahead!

I told Dan last night that my blog has been so boring lately that I'm probably losing readers. I have been so busy recently that nothing has really happened that has been blog worthy... Let me update you!

At the end of August school started up again! I'm only 2 classes away from being done with my Masters degree! It seems like I've been working toward this for so long that being almost finished doesn't seem possible! Currently, I'm taking an Economics and Aging class which I pretty much think is a waste of time. Not because it isn't important, but more so because I don't feel like we are learning much on the topic. I have discussion forums every week, tests, quizzes, and papers to write so I struggle to stay on top of things when Phonathon is in high gear!

Speaking of Phonathon... that is what rules my life right now. The start of September is when the madness begins! I spend two weeks hiring 30 students, an entire weekend training them, then an entire week working late to make sure everyone understands what they are doing. Then once the calling really gets started I usually stay late at least two nights a week to make sure everything is running smoothly with my callers and interns. It gets a little exhausting after a while. This semester has been even more taxing because we are being extra tough on our callers to make sure they are prepared to call our top donors. I'm already ready for the end of April when the madness is over with... but I still have 22 weeks of calling to do. PHEW!

In my spare time I've been planning my Grandma's 90th Birthday Party! Only 3 weeks until that happens... EKKKKK! I have invited over 100 people so it has been a huge undertaking for me trying to organize RSVP's, get together all the things I need for the party, figuring out what food we're going to have, etc. Plus, I have been putting together a book full of 90 years of memories that friends and family have been sending in this past month. I'm really looking forward to the party and think it will be a big success... it just was a little more time consuming than I expected :)

So.... even though life on the blog may seem a little slow and boring... real life is quite the opposite! It's full speed ahead!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS