Graduation Weekend

We had two graduation parties to attend this weekend. The first one was Dan's cousin Lizzie (love that girl) in Kentucky. I left work early on Friday so we would hopefully miss rush hour traffic. We were on the road by 4:00 pm... and sweet Remi Bear was left to guard the house! I was a little concerned that we were going to get caught up in the torrential down pours that had been going on all day in Indiana, but fortunately we had decent weather on both the drive down and the drive back home.

We don't get to see Lizzie nearly enough so it was nice to be able to attend this event in her life! When we got there, of course Lisa had outdone herself! The house was all decorated and she had tons of food waiting for us to devour!




Lizzie had a nice turn out for her party... of course with most of the Rhoton clan together there was never a dull moment to be had as you can see in the pictures below.


Dan, Grandpa, and Matt


Chatting it up!


Me and my Auntie Boo Boo! She is just thrilled to take pictures with me :)



Raelyn, Brittney, Lizzie, and Lisa! Aren't they beautiful!


Raelyn! She is the sweetest and has the best laugh of all time! And look at those eyelashes!!!


Matt teaching Boo how to use her phone :) HAHAHA!

And then... you know I had to get like a hundred pictures with the graduate!!





"2013"... see it!



Great picture of Lizzie and Grandpa!

Dan and I had to hit the road after the party, but we had the best time visiting and celebrating with Lizzie! I haven't been in the family very long, but Lizzie has always held a special spot in my heart :) Lizzie will be attending the University of Kentucky in the fall and right now is thinking of majoring in Occupational Therapy and working in pediatrics. I can't wait to see what her future holds! Congrats Lizzie! We love you!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The second graduation party that I went to was my friend Debbie's daughter's, Claire. I have known Debbie for about five years and have had the privilege of seeing both of her daughters graduate. I headed over to Debbie's house on Saturday morning to help with the decorations and set up for the party. Debbie husband, Greg (my running buddy) had put together a tear jerker movie of Claire growing up with pictures and video. As always, I was a little emotional during my time at their house. They are a special family and you can always feel the love they share when you are with them.





Of course, as always, Debbie had went all out with the decor and food :)





I didn't stay too long once the party started, but I'm sure they had a great turn out and enjoyed time with all their family and friends that attended! Claire looked great and as you can probably tell by the above pictures, will be attending Hanover College in the fall. She will be majoring in Environmental Science! She's pretty spectacular! Congrats Claire! I'm glad I have gotten to watch you grow up from afar!

As I attended these grad parties all I could think about was that I was doing this TEN years ago!

Lordy... I'm gettin' old!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS