Remington's Rundown (Training Class #2)

Hey Doodle Lovers! It's Remington Bear here!

This past Saturday was my 2nd Therapy Dog Training Class!

I was so excited... I couldn't wait to get in the car and go!


"Here Mom... take my leash and load me up in the car!"

During this class we worked on what we will be tested over during my evaluation. Things like "sit", "down", "stay", and "come". Also, how I react in certain situations like being around walkers, wheelchairs, loud noises, meeting new people, and entering buildings/rooms. I did great in all these areas mom said!! 

We also worked on walking through an area with toys and treats and I had to be able to "leave it" or in other words not touch any of the objects I really wanted to touch while we were walking through that area. This was hard for me and I was the worst in the entire group :( But I'll keep practicing so I have better self control!

I also will need to work on greeting people and not getting overly excited when meeting them for the first time. I'm suppose to be in a "down stay" and not move from that position when a new person approaches me. This is hard though because I love people and want them to love on me. I didn't do too badly in this area, but wasn't perfect at it either.

I love all my new doggie friends in the class with me! Again, I told Mom to take some pictures of them while we were in class, but there is always so much going on it is hard to pay attention to what you're suppose to be doing and take photos at the same time...

When I got home from Therapy Dog class I made sure to tell Dad all about what we did and what areas I still need help with so he can make sure to practice with me too!


He always listens to me and tells me to just try my best and I'll succeed if I set my mind to it.


I've even been doing some reading on Therapy Dog Work in hopes that I can pick up some pointers.


Reading makes me awfully sleepy though and I usually have to take a little nap...


When I wake up... I always make sure to tell Mom that I was dreaming about being the best Therapy Dog I could be... just for her!! She says that I already am her best therapy! 

Only two weeks until my evaluation!!

Time to sign off... WIGGLES!

~Remington Bear~

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS