Mileage Monday

Running stats for the week of August 10th - August 16th... it was a warm week but boy you couldn't beat the weather and all the sunshine we got. It sure is better than the months and months of rain we received not too long ago. I have been very slow to increase my running mileage just because I want to make sure not to injure myself. I would like to be able to run a 5K by the end of the month. I finally ran 2.5 miles this week and didn't feel bad at all afterward. The trick is to stretch stretch stretch for me.

During the weekend Remi hurt his left front leg. I really have no clue what he did to it at this point. We started on one of our usual walks and just as we got about a block from home he started limping on it badly. I worried that maybe he stepped on something and it was in one of his paw pads, but I checked it as good as I could and didn't find anything. We turned around and went straight home since one of my fears is being far away from home with an 80 pound dog who can't walk. I kind of broke down that night because I continue to see Remington aging and it breaks my heart to see his body fail him in any way. I'm hoping whatever is going on with him works itself out, but if not we will be making a trip to the vet very soon.


Monday, August 10th, 2015 - 2 mile run / Stretch

Tuesday, August 11th, 2015 - 1.5 mile run / 2 mile walk with Remi / Stretch

Wednesday, August 12th, 2015 - 1.5 mile walk with Remi during Therapy Dog visits

Thursday, August 13th, 2015 - REST DAY!

Friday, August 14th, 2015 - Breaking Muscle Program / Stretch

Saturday, August 15th, 2015 - 2.5 mile run / Stretch

Sunday, August 16th, 2015 - REST DAY!

Totals for the week : Ran 6 miles / Walked 3.5 miles with Remi

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS