Mileage Monday

Running stats for the week of April 4th - April 10th... you would think that one of my biggest fears would be Roarke getting the flu. Well, obviously I never would want that, but with an 80 lb dog who vomits quite often I have grown use to dealing with cleaning up messes such as that. No... my biggest worry for me as a Mom is actually me getting sick and not being able to take care of Roarke the way I would want to. That is exactly what happened this past week...

Roarke ended up coming down with the stomach flu on Monday evening and spent most of the day on Tuesday recovering. Once I put Roarke down for bed on Tuesday evening I started in throwing up. This went on most of the night with cold sweats and aches. Uhhhgggg! On Wednesday morning Dan offered to stay home from work and take care of Roarke so I could get some rest, but I declined his offer knowing that more than likely he was going to come down with the same thing and I didn't want him missing any more work than he had to. So my day Wednesday was pretty miserable as I tried to take care of myself and my sweet Roarke. I was absolutely exhausted and just plain weak from the night before. Then on Thursday evening Dan came down with it and battled a high temp most of the night. He ended up staying home from work on Friday to recover.

So mainly, my week was full of sickness. Everytime one of us would get better another one would come down with it. I spent soooooo much time doing laundry and trying to disinfect my house, but I never could get ahead of it. I'm so thankful that we are on the upswing now even though I still don't have any appetite. Needless to say, I didn't get any running in last week, but I'm looking forward to some warmer temperatures this week and getting outside again.


On Thursday, Roarke has a minor surgery coming up so I'm glad that we got this out of our system before that takes place! Send good vibes our way and I'll keep you posted on how things go.

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS