Kendra's Cooking Challenge!

This is probably no surprise to most of you reading this, but I HATE to cook.  All the cooking in our household is done by Dan.  Thank goodness he likes to do it or we would probably be living off of cereal and rice/noodle packets.  There is no doubt how blessed I am to have a husband who does this for me on a daily basis!  However, since Dan has started working 2nd shift it is become painfully obviously just how awful of a cook I am and how little I even know about this past time.  I am now doing what Dan has prevented for so long... I'm living off of cereal and rice/noodle packets!!!  Sad I know and probably not the healthiest either!  This has got me to thinking...

I really need to learn how to cook and cook well!  I mean one day we will have kiddos and I want to be able to make nice meals for them as well as my husband.  I think it is time I finally learn.  I have tried in the past, but Dan was also home when I did and of course helped me out with a lot of things.  This time when I do it... HE WON'T BE HOME!  This is scary for me, but absolutely necessary because I will actually have to do things on my own and I won't have Dan there to catch all the mistakes I make!  EKKK!

So I have decided that at the beginning of April through the end of August (summer months when my work schedule isn't so crazy) that I will be participating in "Kendra's Cooking Challenge"  During this challenge I will attempt to cook one thing per week.  This could be anything from a whole meal, to dessert, or even a breakfast.  Anything is up for grabs!  There will be 22 weeks in this challenge, which will mean 22 things I will "try" to cook!  It should be very interesting to see the outcome :)


It could be a disaster....

3 comments:

D. Rhoton said...

i am excited for the upcoming meals!!!

harveyg2 said...

Good Luck I know you can do this and remember that some mistakes turn out really good!!

Unknown said...

Good luck! You'll get the hang of it. And if you need any recipes, there are lots of us around who will be happy to share our best tips and tricks. :)

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS