Half Marathon Training Schedule

In October I am planning to run a Mini-Marathon.  At first I was planning on doing one in my hometown... but I have not seen anything advertised about that, so now I'm leaning toward running one in the Lawrence area at Ft. Harrison.  I have heard this marathon is more low key than the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon and it is during the Fall in the most lovely State Park around!  How could I pass this up?  I have not yet signed up for it because I first want to make sure I can do it.  I paid to run the 500 Festival Mini-Marathon a few years ago and then never did it because I didn't train well enough. I'm not gonna make that mistake again!  So... I found a really good training schedule to keep me on track!

Week       Mon     Tues     Wed     Thurs     Fri     Sat     Sun

1 & 2       Rest      3 mi      2 mi     3 mi       Rest    X      4 mi

3 & 4       Rest      3 mi      2 mi     3 mi       Rest    X      4 mi

5 & 6       Rest      3.5 mi   2 mi     3.5 mi    Rest    X      5 mi

7 & 8       Rest      3.5 mi   2 mi     3.5 mi    Rest    X      5 mi

9 & 10     Rest      4 mi      2 mi     4 mi       Rest    X      6 mi

11 & 12   Rest      4 mi      2 mi     4 mi       Rest    Rest  5-K

13 & 14   Rest     4.5 mi    3 mi     4.5 mi    Rest    X      7 mi

15 & 16   Rest     4.5 mi    3 mi     4.5 mi    Rest    X      8 mi

17 & 18   Rest     5 mi       3 mi     5 mi       Rest    Rest  10-K

19 & 20   Rest     5 mi       3 mi     5 mi       Rest    X       9 mi

21 & 22   Rest     5 mi       3 mi     5 mi       Rest    X      10 mi

23 & 24   Rest     4 mi       3 mi     2 mi       Rest    Rest   Half

The X's mean Cross Training... so on these days I would do something other than running.  Things such as swimming, stair climbing, free weights, push ups/crunches/pull ups, stretching, yoga, plyometrics, or sprinting. Do you think this Training Schedule is do-able?  I sure hope so.  I plan to start May 9th... that will give me a good 6 months before the Mini!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS