Mileage & CrossFit Monday

Running stats and CrossFit WOD's for the week of August 5th - August 11th... it has been a doozy of week around here folks. It seems like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, but I don't feel like I got much accomplished really. I didn't end up getting any runs in this week... I felt like I was in a CrossFit Coma most of the week...

CrossFit Coma (my definition) - when you work your body so hard during a CrossFit workout that you are completely worthless afterward

I need to have that definition coined... seriously! It is now a term that Dan and I use regularly in our household! The other exciting thing that happened this week in my CrossFit world is that I almost got kipping pull ups! I added a video below to show you what they are!


I have been struggling to get my body to move the way it needs to in order to do these... but this week I was super super close! EXCITING! CrossFit is becoming a bit of an obsession around our house. I think that is one of the major topics that Dan and I discuss on most days we are together. If only I could get Dan into running with me too :)

Monday, August 5th, 2013 - Warm up : rows (500 meter), squats, lunges, and back extensions x 3 / Strength : back squats 90# max / CrossFit WOD : AMRAP for 10 minutes (rope climb 15 feet & 15 wall balls)... 5 rounds + 3 rope climb progressions

Tuesday, August 6th, 2013 - REST DAY... was upset to miss CrossFit today... the WOD was awesome today!

Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 - Warm up : run (400 meter), 24 v-ups, 24 ring dip holds / Strength : jerk and weighted pull up 70# max / CrossFit WOD : 5 rounds (5 clean and jerks & 10 knees to elbows)... time 8:20

Thursday, August 8th, 2013 - REST DAY / Stretch

Friday, August 9th, 2013 - Warm up : run (400 meters ), 12x3 lunges, hip extensions, glute/ham developer sit up / Strength : banded deadlifts / CrossFit WOD : AMRAP for 12 minutes (10 push ups on med ball, 10 wall balls, 100 meter run with med ball)... 5 rounds + 8 push ups

Saturday, August 10th, 2013 - REST DAY!

Sunday, August 11th, 2013 - REST DAY!

I cannot tell you how sore I have been for the past couple of weeks. I definitely needed a few rest days this week to recover. Even with those... I'm still hurting pretty badly. I can't complain though because this is the first time in 4 years that I'm actually seeing definition in my abs! WOOT WOOT!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS