30 Before 30 - January's Healthy Breakfast (No Bake Breakfast Bars)

I'm not a breakfast person on the weekdays. Most of the time I'm in so much of a rush to get out the door and into work that I only have coffee in the morning and I continue to drink that until lunch time. I know that I really need to work on eating breakfast since I know it's better for my body. This week I decided to make Breakfast Bars in hopes that I can take one of these to work with me in the morning and a piece of fruit to fuel me throughout my day.

No Bake Breakfast Bars (www.pbfingers.com)

Ingredients

  • 2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 8 tablespoons protein powder (I used coffee flavor)
  • 2 teaspoon cocoa powder (optional, but recommended for a more chocolaty flavor)
  • 8 tablespoons almond butter
  • 4 tablespoons chocolate chips
  • 4 tablespoons white chocolate chips
  • 8 tablespoons slivered almonds
  • 8 tablespoons milk

Combine all ingredients except for milk. Stir everything together and add milk, one tablespoon at a time until everything is moistened but thick enough to shape into bars.



Cut into bars and refrigerate overnight.


Tada! Then you have a speedy and good for you breakfast in the morning!

Dan and I have been eating these like they're going out of style!

YUM!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS