2nd Anniversary : A Year of Dates and Love Jar

Holy Moly!  This weekend has been busy!  Make sure you scroll clear down to see all the previous posts from the weekend!

Happy 2nd Anniversary to my wonderful husband!  We have had our ups and downs this year, but continue to strive to be the best we can be for each other.  I feel so blessed to have spent my life so far with you and I look forward to continuing our adventure together as the years go by! Thank you for all the support, kindness, and love you have given me since the first day we met.  I love you very much!




I decided not to get Dan anything, but instead make something for "us". What we struggle with the most as a couple is making time for each other. We make time for our work, school, the dog, our friends and family... but we fail at stopping to focus our attention on each other.  I made these gifts to hopefully get us to take time out of our busy schedules and spend a little time just being together and connecting again.

Gift #1 : A Year of Dates
I found this idea on one of the "Cop Wife" blogs I follow. What this gift consists of is a box, 24 envelops, and 24 different date ideas.  I switched mine up a little bit and made 12 "Stay at Home Dates" and 12 "Out and About Dates". 


What will happen is every month Dan will get to pick a date.  He either will pick a "Stay at Home Date" if say we are short on cash... or he will pick an "Out and About Date" if say he is feeling like getting out of the house. I wanted to give him a little bit of a choice based on how he was feeling at the time.  From there he will give me the envelop and based on what it says inside I will plan the date from there. Sounds fun right?! I plan to blog about our dates as the year goes by!  I hope you enjoy all my date ideas!!!! The plan is for the "Year of Dates" to help us take time out for each other more than what we do now.

Gift #2 : Love Jar
I found this idea on a blog I follow called Dating Divas. What this gift consists of is a jar, and a piece of paper for each day of the month.  I cut out several pieces to fill the jar up. 


What will happen is every month Dan and I will pull a day out of the jar. Whatever day we get, we will have to do something nice for that person.  It could be anything from buying a sweet card to let them know your thinking of them... to filling their car up with gas... to taking them out to dinner... really it is whatever you think will show them that you love them that day. I'm hoping this gift will help us to focus more on showing each other that we care and fill up our "Love Tanks" as the author of The Five Languages of Love would say.  

 

I gave Dan his gift when we got home from Muncie.  I actually think he liked it :) 

Or... maybe he was just really happy to see Remington ;) 

4 comments:

Kristin said...

What a great idea! I may have to do something nice like that for my husband, too. I especially like the "stay at home" idea- you know as well as me that when your husband is a cop, sometimes he just wants to stay home. Love the pictures!

Anonymous said...

I love both your ideas! I've seen those "year of dates" things before, but not one with a stay in or go out option. Such a great idea! :)

Steffany said...

Awesome birthday gifts!

Steffany said...

oops... i meant anniversary :)

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS