Week #22 of Kendra's Cooking Challenge: Layered Birthday Golf Cake

Well folks, this is officially my last cooking challenge post!  I made it!!! I have learned a lot during this challenge!  First, cooking is not that hard. Second, cooking is FUN. Third, I may in fact be just as good of a cook as my husband!  There's a SHOCKER!  Even though my challenge is completed, I will continue to post and share good recipes I find with my loyal readers!

Since this is my final cooking challenge post, I figured I would leave you with something that may just blow your mind!  I volunteered to bake my father in-law's 60th Birthday cake. I know what you're thinking... I may be crazy. Here's how the madness unfolded!!!!

12" Round 3 Layered Chocolate Golf Cake (myself)

Ingredients 

  • 3 boxes of chocolate cake mix
  • 9 eggs
  • 1 1/4 water x 3
  • 1/3 vegetable oil x 3
  • 3 things of white icing
  • green food coloring
Mix together 1 box of cake mix, 3 eggs, 1 1/4 cup water, 1/3 vegetable oil.


Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes in a 12" cake pan.


You're going to do this 3 times...


Layer 1


Layer 2


Layer 3

Once you let the cakes cool completely your going to cut the top off the cake that has raised up a bit...


Next your going to start icing the cake.  I used white icing and added green food coloring to get the color I wanted.



After I got the cake all iced... I was disappointed because the cake was leaning a bit... then I started my writing on it and I was even more disappointed... BLAH!


Not very professional huh?

But... after I put all the decorations on it didn't turn out as bad as I thought.



The Rhoton's decided I needed to open my own cake shop called Kay's Cakes.  It's got a nice ring to it doesn't it :)

The cake must have been decently good because there was not much left over.

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS