Costochondritis Diagnoses

After researching my symptoms via Google I have decided that I diagnosed myself with Costochondritis... heard of it??

It seems like at least once I month I get pain in my rib cage and chest. Sometimes I feel like I'm having a heart attack and sometimes its just a dull aching.

Pretty much Costochondritis is inflammation of the junctions where the upper ribs join with the cartilage that holds them to the breastbone or sternum. The condition causes localized chest wall pain and tenderness that you can reproduce by pushing on the involved cartilage in the front of the rib cage.


The cause of this is really unknown, but it is a relatively harmless condition and will go away without treatment. I'm guessing exercising is some of the cause of my flare ups. It really is more annoying than painful for the most part.

Surprisingly, Costochondritis is a fairly common condition in females and affects a large percent of the population!

See... I'm not abnormal!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS