Mileage Monday

Running stats for the week of April 1st - April 7th... I ended Easter Weekend feeling awful. Not only did I eat myself silly during this holiday, but I also had not ran for two straight weeks before hand. I was so mad at myself about this because my big race is only a month away. Haven't I learned that I can't skip workouts and still stay at the same level of endurance as when I was running 4 times a week? When I finally hit the treadmill on Monday I was hurting... badly... my shins were screaming at me... I barely ran a miserable 2 miles before I threw in the towel. I rested up for a few days after that because I had a horrible shin splint in my left leg. I probably could of ran on it, but knew I should just ice and rest it until it was more bearable. By the weekend it was still bothering me, but I knew I couldn't wait any longer so I finally ran on Sunday. I only did 3 miles, but didn't have much shin pain. I'm hoping this week that I can slowly but quickly work my way back up to where I was... or at least close to it. I know I can't increase too fast or I could possible injure myself and I definitely don't want that! Words of encouragement please!!! What have I done!?!?!


Monday, April 1st, 2013 - 2 mile treadmill run @ 1% incline / Stretch

Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013 - REST DAY

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013 - 1.5 mile walk with Remi

Thursday, April 4th, 2013 - REST DAY!

Friday, April 5th, 2013 - REST DAY!

Saturday, April 6th, 2013 - REST DAY!

Sunday, April 7th, 2013 - 3.25 mile road run... new shoes

Total miles ran this week: 5.25 miles

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS