Mileage Monday

Running stats for the week of April 15th - April 21st... Two weeks until race day. I'm nervous. I recently got my confirmation postcard in the mail. It's real now. I'm not where I should be... not even close. I should be starting to taper soon... instead I'm just trying to hang on by running a couple times a week. I hit my peak way too soon and now I'm in a little bit of a mess.

This week was hectic. It was the last week of Phonathon and I had a student event to put on for work... plus I'm getting close to finals week with my class. There just isn't enough time in the day to get everything done. How do people who have kids do it? They are amazing! I'm ready for things to slow down... way down... so I can remember what it's like to do things I enjoy.

I really wanted to go into this race with a lot of confidence. I wanted to not feel worried at all. Now I can't help but wonder if I'll make it to the end. At this point I wish I could rewind time and just start over. Guess this was a good lesson for the next race I run... more training would probably have created a better outcome.


Monday, April 15th, 2013 - REST DAY... I was very sore after my 7 miler on Sunday

Tuesday, April 16th, 2013 - REST DAY!

Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 - REST DAY!

Thursday, April 18th, 2013 - REST DAY!

Friday, April 19th, 2013 - REST DAY!

Saturday, April 20th, 2013 - Ran 7 miles... early... cold

Sunday, April 21st, 2013 - REST DAY!

Total miles ran this week : 7 miles

1 comment:

NotablyNeurotic said...

Congrats on getting so close to the Indy mini! I ran that race the past 2 years and once you get past the massive crowds, it's really fun! Good luck with the tapering and enjoy!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS