Mileage Monday - Taper Week

Running stats for the week of April 29th - May 5th... it was taper week for me this past week! What am I talking about... the entire last month I have been tapering. However, I did a bit of reading on how to properly taper the week before a big race so this is what I focused on.

Stretching... I stretched every day not only to help with my sore muscles, but also to help me on race day.

I ran once, but it was slow and easy.

I tried to drink water like crazy! Somewhere I read that you should drink half your body weight in ounces the week before the big race to make sure you are properly hydrated. I definitely didn't do that, but I drank a lot of water! Way more than I'm use to.

Everyone knows I'm a sleeping champ! However, I stay up somewhat late during the week to get everything done. This week I tried to make sure I was in bed no later than 9:30 every night. I actually even got a good night sleep the night before the race too.

I did my carb load at lunch time the day before the race. I read that it is better to carb load in the afternoon than evening... no clue if this is true or not.

Lastly, I made sure to lay out everything I would need the night before!

I pulled off the race... I am horribly sore... but I did it! Checking it off the bucket list!


Monday, April 29th, 2013 - STRETCH

Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 - STRETCH

Wednesday, May 1st, 2013
- Ran 4 miles... outside... slow... easy... hot!

Thursday, May 2nd, 2013 - 2 mile walk with Remington / Stretch

Friday, May 3rd, 2013 - STRETCH

Saturday, May 4th, 2013 - Race Day... 13.1 miles

Sunday, May 5th, 2013 - REST DAY!

Total miles ran for the week : 17.1 miles

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS