The End of... 30 Before 30

This year has seriously flown by! I feel like I blinked and before I knew it, I was celebrating my 30th Birthday. So now I guess it is time to take a look back and see what I did and did not accomplish of my 30 Before 30 goals.

Completed Goals

6) Advance in my career
9) Get toes to bar
12) Run another 5K
20) Work on my knitting projects
21) Do a family photo shoot
22) Find a church we would like to attend regularly
23) Find an organization I'm passionate about and start volunteering
24) Organize my entire house
25) Grow my hair longer than it has ever been
26) Learn how to french braid my own hair

Not Completed Goals

1) Get life insurance policies & wills set up
2) Set up an outline for a retirement plan
3) Save a large down payment for a new house
4) Pay off the rest of Dan's student loans
5) Finish my Master's degree
7) RX 5 CrossFit WOD's
8) Get kipping pull-ups
10) Get double unders
11) Do a "fun" run
13) Run another 10K
14) Run another half marathon
15) Run 400 miles between now and my 30th B-day
16) Learn to drive a stick shift
17) Read a book a month for enjoyment
18) Read the entire Bible... again
19) Whiten my teeth
27) Learn to crochet
28) Start dressing more professional
29) Cook a new and healthy dinner once a month
30) Get pregnant (yes you read that right)

WOW, so sadly I only successfully completed 10 of my 30 goals. I'm a little disappointed in myself, but at the same time I know that life happens and sometimes you have to focus on what is going on in the present and let other things go. Almost half of this year was focused on transiting into a new job which really consumed most of my life. 
The one goal that I'm really upset I did not complete was finishing up my Master's degree... I am so close and I just couldn't get there. I'm also a little upset about not completing several of my running goals. The knee injury I had really took a toll on completing these, but I feel lucky to have recovered for the most part and am running pain free again. Lastly, what I thought would happen without any problem at all was getting pregnant. Most people I know get pregnant almost right away when they start trying. It has definitely been a different story for Dan and I, but we are looking into some other options and hopefully in the upcoming year we will have overcome that struggle.
So... now that I'm 30 it's time to make another list of goals to work toward before I turn 31. Don't be surprised if you see some familiar ones. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Wife in Blue said...

I'm not blogging anymore (that's a long story for another time) but I used to follow your blog regularly when I was. I check in from time to time and I wanted to comment on your remarks on not getting pregnant as easily or quickly as you thought you would.
You are not alone! I don't know how YOU are doing emotionally, but I am a basketcase. My hubs and I have been trying for just over a year now, and it has pretty much consumed my life.
I remembered your post on 30 before 30 last year and since we'd just started trying around the same time, I always wondered how that was going for you. I'm sorry for what you're probably going through but as I said, it DOESN'T happen right away for everyone. And it sucks, and who but the Lord knows why. Good luck and God bless you both. You will be an awesome mom someday, somehow, some way. Praying that God gives you comfort in the wait...

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS