Mileage Monday

Running stats for the week of November 15th - November 21st... I took a long break between runs this week as you can see by not running Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday.  I was needing a break and hoping that it would help with the consistent foot pain I've been experiencing!  When I did my Wednesday run I felt unstoppable!  No aches or pains!  But afterward... DEFEAT!  The foot pain was back full force.  I have diagnosed myself with extensor tendonitis.  A major cause of this condition is excessive tightness of the calf muscles. When the calf muscles are tight they place excessive stress on the tendons on the top of the foot that pull the foot upward and counteract the calf muscles.  I also blame the injury on treadmills.  I seem to only have this issue during my treadmill running times, but once I switch back to normal road running... the pain mysterious disappears.  It is very frustrating to say the least!  This has caused huge problems with my running for this week.  I was hoping to get in AT LEAST 12 miles... but because of the intense pain I have, even when walking... that of course did not happen.  At this point I pretty much have no chances of finishing my 50 miles in November goal... BUMMER!  I'm even beginning to wonder if my body is capable of being a runner.  When I say runner, I mean being able to run a marathon or even a mini marathon... I mean if 3 miles is doing this to me then what would 26.2 do?  I feel defeated...

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - 3 miles @ a 10:00 minute per mile pace

Total miles ran for this week... Yep, you read that right, 3 lousy miles...
Total Miles Left... 25.86

All I wanna do is run.... :(

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS