Rhoton Thanksgiving!

Our Thanksgiving started on a sad note... yes... we had to drop Remington off at the boarding facility.  I have learned that it is better if I just let Dan take care of this while I sit in the car because I become way to emotional! Once Dan got all the paper work done he came out to get Remington.  I said my goodbyes and then pretty much sobbed like crazy for the next 20 minutes!!!  It was very very difficult to leave him. However, once we arrived at our destination we decided to check in on him with the doggie cam.  I didn't know if this was a good idea or not because if he wasn't doing well all I would want to do is go home and get him, but surprisingly he was just fine!  Actually he was better than just fine... he was calm, not barking, and his tail was even wagging sometimes.  WOW!  All the worrying I had been doing was for nothing!  I was so happy!  I'm so glad that we had the doggie cam to check up on him.  It really eased my mind.  What I thought was probably a horrible experience for him actually turned out to be more pleasant than I expected.  I would even feel comfortable leaving him for a long stay!  I know what your thinking... this is a HUGE switch!  But aren't you happy!  Now I don't have to live my life as a hermit!

We had our actual Thanksgiving at Dan's Aunt Boo's house.  Dan and I stayed for a few days there and had a really great time.  We played lots of games, ate a ton of food, and enjoyed time with his family!  I mean seriously... what more could you ask for?

 
Here is the newest edition to the Rhoton clan... baby Raelyn!  She was such a good baby!


Yes, even I got in on the baby action... :)


We played Pictionary most of the time, but we took a time out and decided to see who could lift a certain weight the longest... oh the ideas that Boo comes up with!


By this time I was getting a little camera happy and had to get pictures with everyone!  Here's me with Pam :)


Here's me and the Third Musketeer... Christopher!  HOLLA!


And of course my wonderful husband and I :)


Here's Boo and I enjoying her new drink invention...  "Tornado Alley"!  It was soooo GOOD!


Resting after way to much food, games, and family time :)

Dan and I left his Aunt Boo's house on Friday morning.  The first thing we did when we arrived in Indy was pick up Remington.  He was very happy to see us!  Once we got back to our house, I unpacked my stuff from Boo's and repacked stuff to take to P-town.  Then Remington and I were off to visit my side of the family!  Dan couldn't go because he was stuck working!  BLAH!

P-town doesn't have a whole lot of stuff to do, but I kind of like it that way.  I always know that I can rest and relax there!  On Friday night, we played some card games!  That is something we always do.  Grandma and I won 2 out of 3 games of Skipbo!  It was about time... we had lost quite a few as of recently.  Saturday was spent relaxing... I worked on homework and read a book.  My best friend, Kristin and her husband stopped by with baby Andrew.  This was the first time Remington had been around a baby that small.  He was very intrigued and seemed to absolutely LOVE Andrew!  He would not stop giving him kisses!  Sunday it was church in the morning and then Mom fixed a nice lunch before I left to head back to Indy.  It was a nice visit :)


Here is Remington and Andrew meeting for the first time :)  It was love at first sight!


"I like how you smell!"


"I'm still your favorite... right Grandma?"

I hope that everyone was able to enjoy their Thanksgiving as much as I did.  I am so thankful for so many things.  I don't know how I ended up so lucky!!!  Now, onto the next big holiday... CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS