Mileage Monday

Running stats for the week of July 4th - July 10th...it's been another hot week here in the Midwest, which can only mean one thing, more night time runs! HOLLA! I tried to balance things out a bit this week... pushing myself on my runs but at the same time resting up a bit. I didn't want to push to hard and then not be rested for my 5K on Saturday, but I wanted to run enough to stay up to speed with my training program. I feel decent with what I accomplished this week. I'm toying with the idea of doing a couple days of doubling running a week.  This means I would run in the mornings and in the evenings. According to my Runner's World magazine, this is the best way to start adding to your mileage and getting stronger in your running. I feel like I need to do something or I don't feel like I will be able to reach my goal of running a Mini Marathon. If I do decide to do something like this a few days a week, it will mean I will have to get up early! Now that isn't a pretty sight! Decisions... decisions...

I have been having a little bit of my dreaded right foot pain come back again in the past few days, but have been careful in trying not to aggravate it too much. I have been alternating from regular tennis shoes and my Vibrams (longer distances Vibrams/shorter distances tennis shoes).  I think this is helping a bit since it gives my foot a little rest between runs with the Vibrams. I do have to say though that my Vibrams spoil me rotten.  I swear I feel like I can run 10 times faster when they are on my feet, but I do think they may be what is causing some of the foot pain sadly.

Monday, July 4th, 2011 - stretch/strength train

Tuesday, July 5th, 2011 - ran 3 miles

Wednesday, July 6th, 2011 - ran 2.29 miles

Thursday, July 7th, 2011 - cross train/stretch

Friday, July 8th, 2011 - REST DAY

Saturday, July 9th, 2011 - 5K Race @ Eagle Creek (ran 3.1 miles in 32:26... disappointing, I at least wanted to run it under 30 minutes)

Sunday, July 10th, 2011 - REST DAY

Total miles for this week : 8.39 miles

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS