Mileage Monday

Running stats for the week of July 11th - July 17th... its been hot here, but there have been a few days that the weather has been beyond perfect! I just love summer days like that don't you!  My extensor tendonitis is pretty bad right now. I can hardly walk let alone run without pain, yet I'm still training as usual (don't ask me how). I have not been running at all in my Vibrams, but instead just my regular tennis shoes. This is a disappointment, but I have to get my foot on the mend somehow.  I have been stretching really good after every run and then icing my foot in 20 minute intervals 3 times that same evening.  The icing is helping so much and I have finally gotten to the point that I can walk around during the days without too much pain. The pain is getting on my nerves.  I have been dealing with it on and off for almost 2 years... it seriously makes me wonder if my body is made for running distances.

Below is a picture of where the pain is coming from... those tendons in the top of my foot are not my friend right now...


Monday, July 11th, 2011 - stretch/strength train

Tuesday, July 12th, 2011 - ran 3.63 miles

Wednesday, July 13th, 2011 - ran 2 miles

Thursday, July 14th, 2011 - ran 3.65 miles

Friday, July 15th, 2011 - REST DAY

Saturday, July 16th, 2011 - cross train/stretch

Sunday, July 17th, 2011 -  sprints

Total miles for the week : ran 9.28 miles

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS