Week #15 of Kendra's Cooking Challenge: BLT Macaroni Salad

I have been trying my hardest to save a little money and not eat out for lunch so often during work days.  This is hard because restaurant food taste oh so good and it's one of the only times I get to chit chat with my co-workers!  Anyways, I ran across this macaroni salad this week and thought it would be great to bring in for a little lunch side item!  FYI... I didn't make this, my wonderful husband did while I was at work!  Isn't he so nice to me!

BLT Macaroni Salad (www.skinnytaste.com)

Ingredients

  • 8 oz uncooked macaroni elbows
  • 4 slices reduced fat bacon
  • 2 large ripe tomatoes diced small
  • 4 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise (I used Hellman's)
  • salt and fresh pepper to taste
  • 2 cups baby spinach 
In a large skillet cook bacon on medium-low heat until crispy on both sides.


In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package directions.


Chop tomatoes and combine it along with any accumulated juice with mayonnaise and pepper in a medium bowl. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water to cool. Combine pasta with tomatoes and spinach mixing well.


Toss in bacon right before serving.


This recipe was super easy and I thought super good!  Perfect side dish for a summer meal!  YUM!  Dan rated this a 10!!!  I did too!  Much better than any store bought macaroni salad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry lost me a t the bacon. Will have to try with out.

Thanks!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS