Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips


Can you honestly believe I'm doing a beauty post!  I know!  What is wrong with me?  Anyways, I've been curious about how these nail polish strips work, so I decided "Hey, why not try it!!!" I decided to post my results since these suckers are "suppose" to stay on for a full 10 days.  I haven't been able to keep polish on my nails for longer than a matter of hours in most cases!!! P.S. That's why I don't ever wear it...

Day 1

I was kind of nervous about putting them on... I mean I'm an extreme perfectionist and I knew once I messed up I would be done with the whole thing.  But, I didn't!  They were SUPER easy and looked better than when I paint my own nails. What do you think???  I was very impressed with them by this point.


Day 2

Nails still look like new... I have been cleaning the house and doing lots of other things today.  Usually that would cause a lot of chipping on normal nail polish for me, but not these. I'm still very impressed!!!


Day 3

Still looking good!

Day 4

Today is the  first day that I have noticed a chip.  I have 2 tiny ones on my index fingers near the tip of my nail. I'm sure it is because these two fingers are probably used the most.  It is hardly noticeable and I have to strain my eyeballs to see it! Again, I'm a very happy camper!


Day 5

No new chips that I have noticed.  They are still looking great!  There is some minor grow out by my cuticles, but of course that is to be expected :)  Have I mentioned what a great invention these little babies are????  LOVE 'EM!

Day 6

Wow, my nails still look pretty good!  To the untrained eyeball you would think they are perfect, however, I of course am seeing little tiny flaws as the days go by... but I mean it is day six... I've never had nail polish on this long!  EVER!

Day 7

Not much new has changed... still look very good to the untrained eye!

Day 8

I washed my car by hand today... figured that this would definitely have some effect on the polish.  NOTHING!  They still look as good afterward!  WOW!!!


Day 9

Little bit more wear and tear and grow out of course, but nothing major. 

Day 10

Well... I made it to day 10!  I cannot believe it!  I'm officially in love with these little babies!!!  In fact, my nails still look good enough to wear a few extra days... I'm gonna see how long I can go before they start looking nasty!!!


**TIPS** On the package of these it strictly states NOT to put a clear coat on top of the polish strips.  I did do this however every couple of days.  I truly think that this might just be what helped to keep them from chipping. I noticed no negative ramifications from doing this, in fact, I would suggest it.

I also cut the strips in half so that I could get two uses out of them for the price of one.  Or, I would also like to try the left over pieces on my toes!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love them too, just wish there were more designs. Thanks for the top coat tip. Much better than the nail stickers that are so difficult to apply!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS