Week #17 of Kendra's Cooking Challenge: Banana Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake

Oh my goodness... this coffee cake was oh so good! My dish of choice to make right now is breakfast, only because that is the one meal Dan gets to eat at home.  I've been on the lookout for another recipe that I could use my Bundt pan for!  I'm very happy with this one!  It was so moist and yummy, I've ate it almost as fast as Dan has!!!

Banana Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake (www.foodgawker.com) this is my favorite site to find recipes at the moment! -----^

Ingredients

  • 1 & 1/3 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
  • 4 large eggs
  • 4 medium, ripe bananas
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray either a 9×11″ baking pan or classic Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.

Beat sugar, sour cream, butter (or margarine), and eggs together in mixing bowl on low speed for 1 minute.


Beat in flour, baking soda, and salt on medium speed for 1 minute.


Beat in bananas and vanilla on low speed for 30 seconds.


Stir in chocolate chips (by hand). 


Spread batter in prepared baking pan and place in center of preheated 375 degree oven for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until light brown on top and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.


Cool in pan (if using a Bundt pan cool slightly, then turn out onto serving platter or cake plate); cut into slices or squares of desired size and thickness. Serve warm or at room temperature.



Dan rated this a 9... but I rated it a 10!  Oh, it was sooooo GOOD!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS