Running is Fun... RIGHT?

I keep asking myself this question as I have been doing my nightly runs. Before I started training for this half marathon I enjoyed going on runs... they seriously made me feel alive!  There's just something about the wind in your hair, not being able to breathe, and the pain you feel during and after the run that has that affect on you. However, recently running has become an all out chore for me.  It's kind of like since I set my mind to doing this half marathon I now feel like it's my job to run.  I'm obligated in a way.  You know how you feel when you have to go to work on Monday morning... that is how I'm feeling every time I need to go out and run... DREAD! Sad isn't it?


I need to somehow get back to feeling like I'm just running for the fun of it.  I need to stop thinking about my agenda of going faster, increasing my miles, and being able to run this 13.1 miles.  I just need to head out the door with the purpose of enjoying myself and feeling good afterwards no matter what the outcome is.

Or... at least that's what I'll tell myself.  Running is fun... RIGHT?

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS