Mileage Monday : 8K Training Plan

Since I wanted to get on the ball with my running I decided to sign up for an 8K Race in April. For those of you who don't know... an 8K is almost 5 miles. I figure signing up for this will give me some motivation and since it is not until April, it will give me time to get ready for it.

Whenever I decide I'm going to do a race, I sit down with my calendars and bust out a training plan for myself. This helps to keep me on track and to get excited! I usually follow Hal Higdon's novice training plans. These are always easy for me to understand and forces me to include rest and cross training days so I don't get burnt out. His plans also help me to slowly build up my mileage!

Here's my training plan for my 8K that's coming up on April 21st!

               Mon     Tues     Wed     Thurs     Fri     Sat     Sun

Week 1  Rest     2 mile   Cross     2 mile    Rest   Cross   2 mile

Week 2  Rest     2 mile   Cross     2 mile    Rest   Cross   2.5 mile

Week 3  Rest   2.5 mile  Cross     2 mile    Rest   Cross   3 mile

Week 4  Rest   2.5 mile  Cross     2 mile    Rest   Cross   3.5 mile

Week 5  Rest   2.5 mile  Cross     2 mile    Rest   Cross   4 mile

Week 6  Rest     3 mile   Cross     2 mile    Rest   Cross   4 mile

Week 7  Rest     3 mile   Cross     2 mile    Rest   Cross   4.5 mile

Week 8  Rest   3.5 mile  Cross   2.5 mile   Rest   Cross   4.5 mile

Week 9  Rest   3.5 mile  Cross   2.5 mile   Rest   Cross   5 mile

Week 10 Rest    3mile    Cross     2 mile    Rest      RACE DAY

Once this race is over with I plan on continuing with my training and hopefully being able to run my Half Marathon this Summer/Fall! I'll have to wait and see on that one.  The beginning of this week is my start date for training. Hopefully the next "Mileage Monday" you see will actually have some mileage!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Yay! I'm excited for you. Keep up the good work! :)

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS