Life @ LPD!

I don't know if many of you noticed, but a while ago I deleted all the "Life @ LPD" posts on the blog. At the time I did so, there had been several police officers in our local news that had gotten in trouble or fired for posting pictures of work related material on their Facebook page. Let's just say it was mega inappropriate. Anyways, to make a long story short I decided to delete my posts even though I never state names or locations and only include info and pictures that the news has already made public. I just didn't want to take the chance of Dan getting in trouble...

I have made an effort NOT to post anything police work related for quite some time... but something happened this morning and Dan did give me permission to blog about it since it did not involve the human race!  WOOT WOOT!

I think I have talked about it before on here about Dan having to put several deer down this Spring either from getting hit by cars or other weird accidents. I find it awful that he has to do this, but he often tells me if I could see the amount of pain these deer are in I would put them down too. I suppose he is right... I would never want an animal to suffer.

Well, early this morning he got a call about a deer that had impaled itself on a families iron post fence and was still alive. Pretty much the deer had tried to jump the fence and didn't make it over. Pretty sad!!! Of course Dan had to put the deer down. After inspecting the property the officers realized why this deer had even tried to jump the fence in the first place...


 Curled up in a tiny ball rest a tiny, probably only days old, baby deer...

The momma deer had tried to jump the fence to retrieve her baby. Dan said this little guy was so little that he just slipped right through the bars of the fence. He said the baby deer was no bigger than Remington when we got him... that would only be about 10 lbs!


  How precious!


One of Dan's fellow officers holding the precious baby!

I of course was very concerned about what was going to happen to this orphaned baby. Luckily, there is a deer and elk wildlife preserve nearby that agreed to take this little fella in. A very sad ending for the momma deer, but hopefully a full life ahead for this little guy!

1 comment:

Taylor B. said...

One of my "dreams" in life is to have a pet deer. I envision Addie and a deer both walking on leashes and taking naps together. It will never happen, but I did feel a twinge of jealousy seeing the officer holding the baby deer

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS