Half Marathon Training Plan

Now that I'm done with my 8K races, it's time to set my sights on my goal for this summer... that Half Marathon I want to run. I've looked at several training plans online, but actually decided to go with something a little bit different.

I ran across a free app on my IPhone called Smart Coach. It is powered by Runner's World. Basically you answer several questions and then the app creates a training plan for you. You have to enter in the preferred unit, a recent race time, what your goal race distance is, weekly distance you want to run, training level, which day you would like your long run day to be, starting week, and schedule length... then you just hit "GET MY PLAN" and it creates what you need to do to reach your goal.


One of the things that is a little intimidating for me with this training plan is that breaks your runs down into which ones you need to focus on for speed, tempo, easy, etc. I never go that in depth with my training plans because I never really knew what those things meant, but the app includes a glossary for you and explains what you would need to do on a tempo run day for example. Nice!


Here's an example of what someone's training plan for the week might look like... (obviously this is not mine)

I'm excited about trying this out. It will definitely be a much more hard core training plan than what I'm use to... but hey, it will be good for me :)

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS