Mileage Monday

Running stats for the week of December 10th - December 16th... who would have thought I might be a cold weather runner. Most of my running life I have refused to run in anything colder than 60 degrees. I just couldn't do it. Well, since it is below 60 degrees now that we are in the month of December I have been stuck to a treadmill. ICK! Running on a treadmill is okay for anything around 4 miles or less... but anything longer I can't stand to be on the DREADmill. So, for my long runs this week I decided to suck it up and run outside. And guess what? I actually loved it! My first long run I ran in about 32 degree weather and felt awesome!!! My second long run it was around 50 degrees... I don't know if I can count that as cold.

Both of my knees bothered me some this week so I cut out my short runs. I didn't want to cut out any long runs since I know I need to be increasing my mileage. I think the break helped some, but I have continued to stretch and ice in hopes some of the aches and pains subsides.


Monday, December 10th, 2012 - REST DAY!

Tuesday, December 11th, 2012 - Ab Ripper X / 50 push ups / Stretch

Wednesday, December 12th, 2012 - 5 mile run... outside... 32 degree weather... calm... no wind

Thursday, December 13th, 2012 - REST DAY!

Friday, December 14th, 2012 - Ab Ripper X / 50 push ups / Stretch

Saturday, December 15th, 2012 - REST DAY!

Sunday, December 16th, 2012 - 6 mile run... outside 50 degree weather... wind at 10 mph... chilly

Total miles ran for the week: 11 miles

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It's always a struggle to get myself out the door when it's below 40 degrees, but I end up loving the cool-weather runs more than any other!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS