Mileage Monday

Running stats for the week of December 17th - December 23rd... this past week I had a costochondritis flare up. At least that's what I think it was. I've had these flare ups on and off throughout the past couple of years, but this was by far my worst and most painful.

Monday night I did my usual "at home" work out. I felt awesome afterward, but about 1 o'clock in the morning I woke up with horrible chest pain. I felt very nauseous and it was even a little hard to catch my breath. I honestly thought I might have a case of the flu on my hands, but never got sick, I just continued to wake up with chest pain throughout the night.

The pain continued into my day on Tuesday and I felt very uncomfortable most of the day. I can only explain the pain as that of a mild heart attack... even though I've never experienced one in real life... I guess it is what I would imagine one to feel like. I told Dan that evening that it was the worst flare up I have ever experienced and went to bed early in hopes that I could sleep it off. I rested peacefully throughout most of the night on Tuesday, but did awake around 4 o'clock in the morning with horrible pain in my chest again.

The nagging pain continued off and on into the remainder of the week. I was hurting so badly that I actually thought about going to the doctor. If you know me... that is something I just don't do.

We left for Ohio on Wednesday to celebrate Christmas with Dan's family. My chest hurt off and on, but for the most part I was feeling better. So much better that I actually did a 3 mile run on the treadmill at the hotel we stayed at.

When we got home on Saturday I thought that the flare up was over with... but on Sunday I had chest pains most of the day. I don't know if carrying several bags out of the hotel to load into the car agitated it or what.

I spoke with a co-worker that also has suffered with this same condition. She said one time it took 6-8 weeks for hers to go away. I hope mine clears up faster than that. I have decided to take it easy and not stress my body too much. Maybe this was a good time for this to happen since it is the holidays and we all know I won't be getting to many work outs in with all the festivities.



Monday, December 17th, 2012 - Ab Ripper X / 50 push ups / Stretch / Ice knees

Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 - REST DAY!

Wednesday, December 19th, 2012 - REST DAY!

Thursday, December 20th, 2012 - 3 mile treadmill run @ 1% incline

Friday, December 21st, 2012 - REST DAY!

Saturday, December 22nd, 2012 - REST DAY!

Sunday, December 23rd, 2012 - REST DAY!

Total miles ran this week :  3 miles

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS