2012 Rhoton Recap

Every year since I have been doing this blog I strive to do a little recap on what has taken place over the past year. As always it has been a time full of busyness and fun! Below are the highlights that our family shared with you in 2012!

Blonde to Brown (click for full post)


I decided I wanted to dye my hair back to its natural color, whatever that is, so I went from blonde to brown in hopes of reaching it. This change didn't last long because every time I looked at myself in the mirror it just didn't look like me. I went back to blonde shortly after.

Super Bowl XLVI (click for full post)


The Super Bowl was actually in our city this year. Dan and I went down to Super Bowl Village to celebrate. It was a cool time to be a part of Indy!



I ran two 8K's this year... both which were pretty darn cold!  But I did complete them which is what matters!

Gatlinburg Vacation (click for full post)


For vacation this year we went to Gatlinburg and even took the dog. We had the best time with our little family of three! My favorite part of the trip was visiting Parrot Mountain!!!



Dan runs across some crazy things in his job. This year during one of their calls they discovered a tiny baby deer who had just lost it's mother.  The officers took it in and gave it to an animal sanctuary where it will grow up healthy and happy!

Dan joins F.A.C.T Team 6 (click for full post)

Dan joined this team at work this year. Basically, he goes to any accidents in the city that could be a possible fatality.  Him being on call the first part of each month definitely makes life interesting.  However, he is blessed to get more experience with the world of law enforcement.

Dan's 15 minutes of fame (click for full post)


Dan experienced being famous after he arrested a guy running out of a convenience store with the cash draw.  Dan was just going in the store for his nightly drink.  The story and video made national news.

Remington gets a brother... for a day (click for full post)


I found a stray dog at work and brought it home until I could find a good home for him.  Remington loved having a little brother for a day!

Grandma celebrates her 90th (click for full post)


In October, my family and I celebrated my Grandma's 90th Birthday with a huge party in her honor! It was a wonderful day and hopefully something she will always remember. We love her dearly!

Well that wraps up the year of 2012! I'm looking forward to what 2013 will bring!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS