Week #12 of Kendra's Cooking Challenge: Banana Chip Bars

I really wanted to make these since I saw it on my cousin's blog The Fig Lives.  I guess these are a specialty of my Aunt Ingrid... however, I can never remember trying them before.  Anyways, I found the recipe in the family recipe book she made me and got right to work making these delicious little things!  YUM!

Banana Chip Bars (Ingrid Saxman)

Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup butter (room temp)
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 6 oz package semi sweet chocolate chips
Beat butter and sugars together until creamy.


Add the egg and vanilla, mix.


Add bananas, mix. Add flour, baking powder, and salt, mix.


Stir in chocolate chips.


Spread in a greased and floured 15 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 1" pan.


Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.


Dan rated this dessert a 10.  He plans on eating it for breakfast in the upcoming week :)

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS