Portland 8K Race Day Goals

My number one goal for this race is to run it in under 50 minutes... you know, the same goal I had for the last race and didn't achieve? I'm thinking this race will be different because...

1) I know this will be an all flat course.
2) I know the area.
3) My family will be there to cheer me on.

I am however a little skeptical about the race. It is the first year ever putting it on which could spell disaster. Also, like I have said before I'm guessing there won't be anything high tech about it... in other words, no chips to track my race time. I will just have to be extra vigilant about what is going on.

Here I go to do my second 8K!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

What's this race for? Does it benefit anything? Good luck!

Partners in Crime said...

It is a scholarship in the name of Matt Aker who was killed last year. I think he was the fire chief?

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS