New Year's Blues

I love everything about starting a New Year!

I love getting blank calendars out to fill up with special events, goals, and lists of to dos. I love doing a deep cleaning of my house around this time... erasing all the dirt in my life feels great! I love not knowing what is in store for me this year. I love the newness of it all!

Dan and I didn't do much to kick off the New Year. I was pretty sick with a horrible cold. My nose is raw from blowing it so much... uhhhggg... so I didn't even stay awake long enough to ring in 2013! Also, on New Year's Eve Dan got called in to work last minute to guard an individual under arrest at a local hospital following an incident that happened that afternoon. What a strange way to start a new year!

I'm definitely not ready for Dan to start back on 2nd shift. I'm feeling blue because of it all. I've been trying to plan out my time without Dan. Picking up the house a little bit here and there when I get home... trips to the gym... time to concentrate on homework... and lots of bonding time with Remi. It will take both Remi and I some time to adjust to the change, but we'll be okay. The winter will be the worst because of my hectic work schedule, so if we can make it through April it will be smooth sailing the rest of the way.

Hopefully, I start feeling better... make it through the rest of this week at work... and our family transitions smoothly into our new schedules :) Looking forward to a great beginning to the year and putting my blues behind me.

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS