Coco Cay Bahamas

So as many of you already know Dan and I just recent got back from a 7 day Eastern Caribbean Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas. We had a fabulous time not only on our ship, but also during our visit to the Bahamas, Puerto Rico, and St. Maarten! I want to try to recap our cruise as well as I can so my plan is to break it up into four parts so this doesn't turn into a very long and drawn out post.

To start us off, I figured I would tell you about our first port of call which was Coco Cay, Bahamas. Basically, this is a tiny little private island that Royal Caribbean owes. There is no place for the ship to dock so we were tendered not far from the island and they took us back and forth on little boats.




It was definitely a process, and Dan and I weren't even sure about going since this was the one day during our cruise that the weather was not very nice and a storm was rolling in. But we did go on the island even though we didn't stay very long because of the reason I just mentioned. 


The island was beautiful and had numerous beaches and shops on them. There was even a nature walk area that Dan and I took the time to explore on our own before we had to get back on the ship because of bad weather conditions.



One of the many beaches on Coco Cay! Notice those clouds!





Crab!!!


These were all pictures taken on our nature walk around the island. We ended up staying on the island for only about two hours. They were going to be serving lunch there, but we headed back to the ship just in time before a big storm hit. They ended up shutting down trips back and forth to the island soon after we got back because of the storm. I think we timed it just right :)

More of our trip tomorrow!!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS