April Blog Posts

HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S!

Well, by 7 this morning I already had a April Fool's joke played on me.  I was listening to the radio and they were talking about how our government is trying to pass a new law in Indiana and how all our pets are going to be taxed.  So they would tax you by the number of animals you have and by their weight!!!  This would include all four legged animals... so if you had 4 horses you would be taxed per horse and by weight.  They said you are going to have to register your pet with the state or they will come in a take your pet away!! They were telling everyone to go to www.pettaxindiana.com to write your legislature and make sure this law did not get passed!

So here I am on my way to work... really mad!  I called my Mom asking her if she had heard about this and was going off about how I can't believe that they could even do this... blah blah blah!  I tell her that I'm gonna go on this website and give these people a piece of my mind...

So I arrive at work, type in the website, hit enter, and get this message... "GOTCHA!  HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!"  Are you kidding me!  I was laughing so hard at myself.  I guess it just prepared me for the rest of the day at work.

I work with a bunch of jokster... so I had better be ready.  Last year we played a joke on our VP and said that we just heard that one of our Board Members was arrested last night for drunk driving and President Pitts wants to see him right away about what to do about this.  I have never seen Jim jump out of his chair, and race out of the building so fast... all the way mumbling under his breath... S#@T, S*^T, S#*T!  So funny! 

Well, anyways, I hope you all got a laugh at my expense!  I sure did!  HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY!

April 5, 2010

It was a nice looonnggg weekend!  I enjoyed it, but I almost need a vacation from my vacation you know?

Thursday evening I spent 3 hours straight sitting in my bedroom finished up my paper while Dan and Mike cooked out.  After I was finished it was off to UNO'S with some of the girls from work.  We celebrated Suzy's B-day with dinner and drinks.  I always have fun with them.

Friday morning I was up early to pack my stuff and Remington's stuff and we made the 2 hour drive to Portland.  Remington is such a good little traveler and boy was he excited to see his G-ma and G-pa Fowler :)  We arrived there at about 11 and spent the day with Mom and Dad... Remington even got a good 30 minutes of frisbee play time.  Mom and Dad have a huge back yard so it is heaven for him :)

On Saturday Mom, Dad, Remington, and myself took a 2 mile walk.  Remington did a really good job.  I was really proud of him.  He was tuckered out afterward which always makes me happy since he is too tired to get into too much trouble... tehe!  After that, Dad and I washed the Element!  It was pretty dirty so I was happy to get that job done.  Later in the evening G-ma Fowler came over to play SKIPBO!  Grandma and I always dominate the game, but not this time... Mom and Dad beat us so badly!  I don't know what has happened to my card playing skills lately :(

Sunday was Easter of course.  We went to church in the morning and then it was off to my Aunt's for Easter lunch.  A lot of the family was there, which was nice since we don't get to see everyone very often.  After that it was off to Muncie to meet Dan at G-pa Rhoton's for supper.  Pam, Bruce, and Boo were all there too.  I was happy to see them.  I haven't seen Pam and Bruce since G-ma Rhoton's funeral so it was nice to be with them.  We got updated with all the things that had been going on and had a good time with them :)  We didn't leave there until about 6.  Poor Remington was exhausted!  I felt so bad for him.  Once we were back in Indy, Dan took a nap before work while I cleaned up around the house and Remington slept as well.  I was in bed by 10 pretty pooped myself :)

I was very proud of myself this weekend with all my veggie eating.  I didn't slip up once.  I even had veggie pizza from Pizza King, which I think now is my new favorite!  I'm really taking this diet seriously!  Too bad I haven't seen any changes in my weight because of it.  I'm about ready to cut pop out!  YIKES!  That's going to be really tough!

Other than that, its a new week.  I'm not ready for it!  I have a 10 page paper due by Monday that I have to get started on ASAP!  It's my last one!  Did I mention I can't wait until this class is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 6, 2010

Well, the Butler Bulldogs lost... BUMMER!  But at least it was a very exciting game!  A nailbiter in fact!  Well, that's what I heard this morning at least since I did not stay up late enough to watch it myself.

Yesterday was a busy busy busy day at work.  It always seems to be that way after long weekends so I spent much of the day catching up on stuff from Thursday!  I thought I was going to have to work late last night because one of my interns couldn't, however at the last minute she called and said she could make it!  YAY!  I was happy.

When I got home we leashed Remington up and off to the diamonds we went to play with him!  We are so lucky we can do this with him.  Even more lucky that we have a dog who is totally transfixed on his ball and frisbee that he wouldn't even think of running away :)  We didn't stay at the diamonds long since it was very very dark outside and getting ready to storm, but we were there long enough to get Remi's energy out :)

When we got back home we had dinner.  This consisted of sweet potatoe, wasas with cream cheese and cucumbers, and carrots.  I know, it sounds delicious doesn't it! :)  Dan had a couple of cold meat sandwiches.  I did P90X shortly after... The Ab Ripper... of course.  Since it was raining I couldn't go run.  I think I'm getting a bit better at it :)  Then the rest of the evening was spent lounging around.  I transferred my clothes from old dressers to the new, which took me a long while actually.  I even found some new toys for Remington to play with (those being clothes I don't want anymore).  I also spent some time looking over Chapter 4 in my Research Methods book and started thinking about this last assignment.  I hope to at least start tonight on it!

It is a lovely day outside today.  I think it's suppose to hit 80 degrees which is awesome.  I'll be going for a run tonight!  Oh, and we finally got Remington's Gentle Leader in the mail... so I'll probably spend some time with him getting it fitted properly!  I pray that it helps with his walking ALOT!

OHHHHH!!!  And I almost forgot!  We found out yesterday that Dawn and Joe are having a beach wedding!  I guess it is going to be on July 11th, 2010... so it's very very very soon.  I'm sad that I doubt Dan and I will be able to make it, but I'm happy that they finally came to a decision.  I hope it goes very smoothly for them!

Well, I had better get to work!  HA!  See you tomorrow!

April 7, 2010

Well, I had a horrible accident last night... You know the seeds that I had been growing so I could plant in my flower bed this summer.  Well, they are no more.  I set them outside yesterday to get some sun since they weren't looking too hot anyways.  Well, it was windy and it blew them over :(  I ended up running clear down the road to retrieve my containers :(  Anyways, I was sad, but I had the feeling I was going to have to get rid of them anyways because they weren't doing as well as I had hoped.  Also, Dan mowed the lawn last night and we had some trouble with the lawn mower.  It sounded awful, but soon worked whatever problem it was having out itself.  I hope it last us a while :/  Other than that we worked outside and I went on a run.  Nothing too exciting!

It's suppose to storm today and tonight, so I'll probably spend tonight working on my paper and I would like to trim Remington's nails, but not sure if that will happen or not.  We'll just have to wait and see :)

April 8, 2010

Well, I went home last evening expecting to work intensely on my final paper, however, instead I got pulled into a situation with my phonathon students.  This situation lasted most of the evening... not fun... so I didn't get to bed until around midnight.

Today, I'm still dealing with all of this drama so I don't have a whole lot to report...

April 11, 2010

Well, I have not been doing so well with my blog writing recently have I! I just have been so busy with school, work, and other things.  Work has been hectic with the end of the semester approaching.  This has also made school a nightmare because my final paper is due Monday! However, I know I'll make it through.

I had a very nice weekend though.  Dan went to one of his friends bachelor parties this weekend and I had my best friend up to Indy for the weekend.  She is 17 weeks pregnant so we did a lot of baby talking.  On Friday we ate at Stir Crazy and then came back to the house and watched a movie.  Then Saturday afternoon we went shopping.  I got some clothes for work this summer and she got baby and maturity clothes.  It was nice to have her here.  I miss her a lot since we don't get to see each other like we use to.

Once she left I worked on my paper the rest of the weekend!  I just recently finished it up.  I'm so happy to be done with that class!!!!!!!  GOODBYE RESEARCH METHODS!

Sunday evening I went to a dinner with my Interns.  It was at UIndy.  They had a really nice dinner for all the students who had been nominated for Student Employee of the Year!  My girls didn't get it, but it was nice to be there with them.  I'm so lucky to have them as interns!  I really have learned more from them than they have me.  I hope they know how much I appreciate them!

It's late... I'm off to bed.  It is going to be a long and hectic week.  I'm ready for another weekend already!  Hope the week flies by!

April 12, 2010

Well, tonight is the first of 3 late nights at work.  Blah!  I have to stay until probably 9:30!  I don't really mind staying late... the only problem is that is sucks up that little bit of time that Dan and I have together in the evening before he goes into work.  I hate that the most.  Anyways, the good news is that I have a full day off on Thursday!  YAY!

Let's see... what else is new?  Since I was up until almost midnight last night working on my paper, I slept in until 10 this morning :)  Of course, Remi Bear makes sure that I don't sleep too long :)  Once up, I decided that I needed to start working on some of the shirts that I'm suppose to make.  I got the backs of two of them done.  I was pretty pleased with them if I do say so myself :)  I just have to let that dry until I can move onto the fronts... so trying to do 18 shirts might get a little tricky but I'm sure I'll figure it out.  I just hope they all turn out okay and I don't mess up on any of them!  I already know that some people are not happy about their color choices... :(  EKKK!  It is so hard to please everyone :)

I can't believe we are already in the middle of April!  It has become so pretty around Indy with all the flowering trees blooming, grass growing, and leaves coming out!  It makes me happy summer is almost here!  I'm glad that work will be slowing down a bit... and hopefully I'll be able to get a better handle on my job.  I feel like I'm constantly playing catch up most of the time! 

I also need to start thinking about my flower planting.  I'm not sure when it is okay to plant flowers and they are safe from frost.  I'm thinking of doing it this weekend actually?  Is that crazy?  It's just that I don't know when I will have any other weekends available to do it??? We'll just have to wait and see!

April 13, 2010

Well, I think that we have geese nesting in our backyard!  I started noticing some activity this past weekend.  Remington kept going downstairs and would bark his head off... now this isn't unusual behavior, but when it goes on for hours on end then I would say something is up.  All I could see was two heads walking around since they are down low by the water. I didn't think much of it until I notice aggressive behavior from them when another goose approached... hmmmm... and then I have taken Remington outside a couple of times and the two geese have came up by the house like they are going to go after him!  YIKES!  I wasn't sure what to do?  I knew we had to do something about them because when they start nesting they get meaner than they usually are!  I told Dan and he said he was going to go out there with his paintball gun and shoot at them... not hit them... just shoot!  Well, after I got home from work last night, I think that my problem got taken care of.  The neighbors had the bright idea to shoot off some fireworks which scared not only the geese to death but every other living creature around the area!!!  I can't complain as long as those mean birds are gone!!!

April 14, 2010

Day number three of 8am - 9pm of work!  uhhhhgggg... it is finally starting to catch up with me.  I'm offically TIRED!  I mean really really tired!  Just one more night and I get a day off tomorrow!  YAY!  Can't wait...

Oh, and I got an A in my Research Methods class.  That was a pleasant surprise! :)

Okay, so it is 6 hours after my most recent post!  The day is dragging as well as myself!  Only around 7 hours to go!  Since I always update you on myself... I figured I would take some time to update you on Dan!  He finally got signed up to take one of his five remaining Master's classes!  I was so happy with this because I have been on him for probably over a year to get these done!  It is going to suck for him since it is 2 nights a week, each 3 hours a piece, but I keep telling him that it will be worth it.  Also, he has put his application in with Bloomington PD and Franklin PD!  I think he is needing a change badly.  I can't say I blame him.  I just hope that something comes out of this.  The processes have just began for both of them... so of course its just another waiting game.  We just have to think that whatever happens... that its all in God's plan :)

April 16, 2010

I had a very productive day off yesterday... which is a bit surprising since I didn't even get up until 10!  YIKES!  I was just soooo tired I ended up sleeping longer than I expected I guess.

Anyways, after I did wake up I worked on the shirts for a while.  It's a very slow process, but they are coming along nicely... then Dan and I went to Hobby Lobby to replace a shirt that I had ruined, got lunch at Paradise, got gas in the car, picked up a loaf of free bread from Panera, got groceries, cleaned the downstairs up a bit, made dinner, I went on a run and did some sit-ups and push-ups, and we got Remington nails cut!!!  HOLLA!  I was pretty happy about all of that!  I still have a lot that I would like to do this weekend, but I feel like I got a head start for sure!  Dan also made me a delicious dinner!  Veggies on the grill!  They looked and tasted soooo good :)

Did I mention that this pescatarian diet is going very very well!  I actually feel like I'm losing a lot of weight.  Not sure if that's true, but I feel like it which is all that matters!  My pants are fitting better and my body just feels better.  I think that I'm going to stick with this long term... and maybe even turn full vegetarian!!! HA!

This weekend looks like it is going to be fun!  Dan and I have a Doodle Romp we are attending on Saturday from 1-4!  This is an event that doodle owners from all over Indiana get together so their doodles can play and so they can meet up with each other!  I'm so excited!  Hopefully I'll have lots of good pictures to post!  So far 30-50 people are coming!  Too cool!  I hope that Remington has a lot of fun at the event!!!  He'll be dead tired afterward though... 3 hours is a long time for dogs to play!

Tonight a bunch of us from work are going out for Happy Hour!  I always look forward to doing this because it is nice to be with all of them and talk about stuff NOT work related!

Other things I would like to get done this weekend are... I would like to get my car washed, the garage cleaned up a bit, the upstairs cleaned, flower bed weeded, etc.  I probably won't get everything accomplished that is on my list, but some stuff would be nice!

Also, I'm switching cell phone carriers!  My new phone comes today!  I'm switching to Sprint.  They just offer so much more stuff for a lot cheaper.  I'm nervous about it though since all I have ever had is Verizon, but Dan is pretty good with technology so I guess if I run into any problems he'll be around to help me out :)  That is one thing he excels at!!!

HAPPY WEEKEND TO ALL!

April 17, 2010

What a great day!  We had our Doodle Romp this afternoon and had a wonderful time!  We arrived at the Puppy Playground at about 1:00! When we got there, there were probably only about 6 Doodles, but by 1:30 I would say there were over 40 Doodles at the Romp!  It was Doodle Heaven... just where I want to be!!!

Remington is a social butterfly... unlike his Mom and Dad!  He loved all the new dogs there to sniff and lick!  He ran and played with every doodle there, however he never went too far.  We were always in his sight and he would often come back to check up on us!  I loved how Remington would just trot around greeting everyone he saw, all the while having a HUGE smile on his face!  He is one of a kind!  Dan often over heard people saying what a good looking dog he was! That is no lie!  I would say he was in the top five best looking doodles there!  And he was by far the tallest!  If he would go a little bit too far for our comfort all Dan had to do was snap his fingers and he was back by our side again!  He is soooo good!

Tonight my poor boy is dead tired!  3 straight hours of playing for him is a lot.  He has slept ever since he got home... :)  This is nice for me that's for sure :)

It was a beautiful day in Indy today.  The weather has cooled down alot! Dan and I didn't get a whole lot done except for play with Doodles, but it was a nice day together :)  I even made dinner tonight.  It came from my new vegetarian cookbook!  I think it was called tomato lemon spaggetti!  It may now sound good, but was really very very good! I even think that Dan was impressed with it... which is hard to do!  I hope tomorrow is just as nice of a day as today was :)

April 19, 2010

It's a busy day at work today... I don't have much time to type.  We didn't end up doing much yesterday.  I pretty much lounged around with Remington and worked on some shirts in the process.  Nothing to exciting. I got a lot done on my list, but not everything.  Hopefully I can finish stuff up sometime this week!  Well... better get to work!  I'll write soon!

April 20, 2010

Today Dan and I have been together 3 years!  Wow!  Time has really flown by!  It  is now hard to imagine life without him in it.  I am so lucky and blessed to be able to call him my husband... but most importantly... he is my best friend :)

Today I'm tired.  I did not get much sleep at all last night.  I did not feel well all night long and I'm still not feeling very good today actually.  Hopefully it will pass soon... I have a busy day ahead of me. 

I cooked dinner for the 2nd night in a row last night!  I know... its hard to believe isn't it!  I made Rice Salad with garbanzo beans and tomatoes.  It wasn't bad, but I don't know if I would make it again.  Dan actually liked it more than me I believe.  After that we made homemade Hommous.  It was pretty good, but definitely not as good as some that I've had.  My veggie cooking is going very well as you can hear!  While doing all that I worked on shirts.  I officially have 9 shirts done... which means I have 9 more to go.  I dunno if I'm gonna get them all done!!!!  I'm starting to get worried about that.  We also took Remington to play at the diamonds.  He had a lot of fun.  We hadn't been in a while so he was happy to go.  He is even starting to get the hang of catching the Frisbee while in mid run.  He has been struggling with this a bit, but did it beautifully a few times last night.  He makes me smile I must say!

This week is soooo busy... I have an End of Semester Phonathon Party tomorrow night and then a conference all day on Friday at Ball State.  I'm also interviewing for a new intern in my Phonathon.  There just never seems to be enough time in the day for everything.  O'well...  I'll just have to try to do my best to fit everything in :)

April 21, 2010

I finally started feeling better about 2 o'clock yesterday afternoon.  I dunno if it was something that I ate the night before or what.  Maybe it was my cooking... who knows?

When I got home Dan and I took Remington for a walk.  We used the Gentle Leader to walk him and I was AMAZED at the difference!  WOW!  He was an angel.  While walking him some woman stopped and rolled down her window and yells!  "YOUR DOG IS BEAUTIFUL!  OH MY GOSH!  HE IS GORGEOUS!"  I love this part of walks.  We almost always have someone stop to talk to us about our dog!  HAHA!  What can I say, we have a beautiful child :)  After I got home and took Remington off leash... I went for my run.  They are slowly getting easier for me.  I'm grateful for that.  And I really feel like I am seeing and feeling a difference.  For dinner Dan made scallops!  YUM!  They are my favorite and I don't get them too often so I was in Heaven.  Then we caught up on our missed episodes of GLEE!  We love that show!  I got one shirt done last night.  UHHHGGG!  I really need to sit down tonight and do like 3 of them!

It is going to be a busy day at work today.  I have that phonathon party tonight so I won't get home until late.  Dan is doing two presentations this afternoon for work.  I feel bad because he isn't going to get much sleep at all!  YIKES!  I honestly don't see how he does that?  I'm glad that I work a 8-5 job most of the time :)

April 22, 2010

Well, I'm not feeling well again today.  I guess its not all that surprising since I only got about 4 hours of sleep last night.  I think that I'm just getting really run down and now it is starting to catch up with me.

We had our end of year Phonathon Party last night so I didn't get out of work until about 8:00.  The party was fun.  The kids all sat around talking for like 2 hours.  I tried to see if they wanted to play cornhole, but I guess they were just happy to be together.  I have to admit, even with all the crap, they are really great kids :)

I made it home by 8:30 probably.  Dan was already in work because he had that presentation to do for campus.  So I was left to deal with Remington!  I got him out of the crate and watched hopelessly as he ran around the house like a crazy dog.  He gets like this when he is crated for a long period of time.  I fed him and then it was out to pee and poop.  Well, the kids next door were outside playing so of course Remington went CRAZY over that.  He was pulling so hard on the leash that he ripped some of the skin off my fingers.  I was getting pretty fed up by now, but this isn't the worse part.  Anyways, I then sat down and worked on shirts until 10:00.  I got the front of 3 done.  Pretty pleased with that.  Hopefully more will be done this evening.  Anyways, then it was off to bed.  Well... not really.  Remington kept me awake until 2:30 am with his constant barking!  I suppose he had slept the day away and now couldn't sleep.  I also could tell that he was waiting on Dan to get home so every little sound he heard he thought was him.  UHHHHGGG!  I'm so tired this morning... I guess it's God's way of preparing me for children huh?  Either way... this day can't go fast enough!

Since I'm gonna be at a conference tomorrow, I have a lot on my plate to get done today.  Plus I have a lot to get done before Saturday.  No worries though... I know it will all work out just fine :)  It always does right :)

April 25, 2010

Three days since I have last written.  Yikes!  LOL!  It has been a busy time around here that's for sure!

I had a conference at Ball State on Friday.  I rode up with Myla, Val, Scott, and Jason.  Let's just say it was an entertaining car ride!  Jason had just gotten the ipad... can I say... AWESOME!!!  It is so freakin' cool!  The conference was really good.  I like going to these because I know that I have a lot to learn and I can take a lot in while I'm at one of them.  I was pretty tired afterward.  It took forever to get back to Indy it seemed since we got stuck in rush hour traffic and it was pouring down rain. BLAH!  Once I finally got home... it was a mad dash at finishing up the shirts for Pam's party!  UHHHHG!  I did 6 fronts on Friday evening.  Got to bed at about 11!

I was back up at 5 in the morning to finish up the backs of the shirts.  I was so happy when they were finished.  Maybe I won't wait so long to do them next time.  But what can I say I work best under pressure.  We got all our stuff packed up on Saturday morning, Remington's too, since he was headed to Barkefeller's to be boarded for the day and night.  We dropped him off at about 11 in the morning and then we were off to Cincinnati!  It was a 2 hour drive for us which wasn't too bad.  I was happy when we got there!  I would say that the party was a big success.  Pam really enjoyed herself and so did everyone else!  I was happy to see Elliott and Mal!  I have missed them like crazy and they are getting so big!  It makes me sad though, because when I go that long without seeing them I realize how much I miss out on their lives.  I wish that we all lived closer together.  We all ate at Acapulo (not sure if you spell it that way or not).  It was great and everyone had a really nice time together.  Then we came back to Boo's and had cake, ice cream, and drinks.  Of course, then it was time for Pictionary!  We ended up playing that until about midnight!  Everyone had a lot of fun!


In the morning Boo and Pam made some casseroles for everyone.  I heard they were wonderful! I had fruit and a donut!  YUM!  Elliott and I played the Wii while everyone chatted during breakfast.  It was embarrassing how badly Elliott beat me!  LOL!  We had to leave Boo's at 9:30 in the morning so we could pick up Remington between the times the boarding facility had designated for pick up.  We ended up getting at Barkefellars at about 11:15.  I guess that he got along okay, however, he peed in his area sometime during the night and the staff said... and I quote... "Every time we went to check on him, he looked like the saddest dog in the world."  This of course pulled at my heart strings!  For someone who thinks of her dog as her own child, the thought of him being sad, scared, and miserable makes me sick to my stomach almost!  It makes you never want to leave him again!!!!  When they brought him out to us he was pretty wet.  It had been raining so every time he would walk outside to go potty he would get wet.  He also reaked of urine!  I dunno if he had laid in it when he had his accident or what, but it was awful.  When we got him in the car he laid down and was asleep like that!  That makes me think that he didn't sleep all night long.  I hated to do it since he was soooo tired... but when we got him home, it was straight in the bath tub for a nice warm bath.  Afterward, he cuddled up with us and slept the afternoon away :)

Really most of the afternoon, we have been catching up on our sleep and loving on our sweet dog.  I'm not looking forward to heading back to work on Monday.  It is going to be a crazy week for us.  Dan is working days this week because he has training.  This means I'm going to have to come home everyday on my lunch hour to feed and take Remington out to pee.  This will be hard for me.  Also, poor Remington will be crated for 8 hours straight!  I hate that.  O'well, we'll get through it :)

April 28, 2010

KENNEL COUGH
Kennel cough or tracheobronchitis is a highly contagious canine illness characterized by inflammation of the upper respiratory system. It can be caused by viral infections such as canine distemper, canine adenovirus, canine para-influenza virus, or bacterial infections. It is so named because the infection can spread quickly among dogs, such as in the close quarters of a kennel.
Symptoms can include a harsh, dry hacking/coughing, retching, sneezing, snorting, gagging or vomiting in response to light pressing of the trachea or after excitement or exercise. The presence of a fever varies from case to case. The disease can last initially from 10-20 days and can rebreak when the dog is put into a stressful situation which puts stress on the dog's immune system. Diagnosis is made by seeing these symptoms, having a history of exposure is also helpful but not always found as kennel cough is easily spread through contact with contaminated surfaces such as the ground, toys, and sidewalks.

This is what my poor dog has!  He got it at the boarding facility we had him boarded at!  I feel awful!  I noticed something wrong on Monday evening when I came home from work.  He was sneezing horribly.  I didn't think much of it except it persisted throughout the evening and the next morning.  I finally said to Dan... "Do you think this could be kennel cough?"  He thought it could be the beginning.  So I took Remi to the vet at 4:00 yesterday afternoon to get him checked out.  Sure enough that's what it is.  It is in the early stages, but they put him on an antibiotic that should take care of the problem in 7-10 days!  Well, when we boarded him, we paid 25 dollars to have pet insurance put on him.  What this covers is... if your dog gets sick within 7 days of being boarded at this facility they will cover the vet cost up to 300 dollars.  So we went there last night and gave them the bill and said he has kennel cough.  Their response was... "We'll have to assess the situation!"  WHAT!  What situation!  Your facility made our dog sick!  They told us they would get back to us about it in a few days!  All I have to say is they better pay it or I'm gonna be soooooo MAD!  :(

Anyways, Remi is feeling pretty rough.  He has been laying around a lot.  I don't know if that is his meds or the cough.  He is still sneezing a lot.  Hopefully he will be on the mend in a few days though.  I'll let you know the outcome! :(

April 29, 2010

After only day day of antibiotics I think that Remington is already feeling better.  Last night he was running around the house like a manaic and wanting to play!  He is still sneezing, but not like he was!  This morning he even sat on my face while I was sleeping as if to say... "Mom, can I lay here?" Of course I moved over :)  We hopefully will be hearing from the boarding facility today about what they plan on doing to fix our displeasure... if not... Dan will be making a personal visit there!

It has been absolutely beautiful around Indy the past few days.  Everyone is out and about planting flowers and working in their yard!  These are all wonderful signs that Summer is on the way!  I even got enough motivation to wash my car last night.  I KNOW!  It's hard to believe :)  I have been wanting to do that for some time now, so I'm glad that it is off my plate for the time being.  This weekend is my major cleaning weekend.  I always clean REALLY good the first of the month.  I already have the downstairs dusted and all that other stuff, but the upstairs will be the pain since that is where we spend most of our time.  It will be a good weekend to do it though since Dan is working Graduation.  He will be out of the house for pretty much 14 hours!

It is suppose to rain this weekend, but I think I'm going to try to plant flowers anyways.  Maybe I can do it in between down pours?  Who knows? I would really like to get this chore done as well.  It is sooooo time consuming.

Well, off to work I go!  Happy Thursday!  It's almost May!

April 30, 2010

Last day of April... WOW!  Can't believe May is here!

A lot of people are out of the office today so it is very quiet in my area this morning.  That is unusual considering I usually get to hear everyone chatting, which I love :)  I love all the gossip :)

Last night Dan and I went flower shopping.  I ended up getting vincas.  They are a hybrid of impatients, but they take full sun and can grow pretty much anywhere.  I had to drive to several places to find some, but finally did.  So the plan tonight is to come home after work and start planting.  Dan is suppose to have my flower area prepped and ready to go.  The reason I'm doing it tonight is because we are suppose to get some pretty bad storms this weekend and I don't honestly know when I will have another weekend to do it!  Hopefully they do well.  The University always plants them around the Alumni House and they thrive, so I pray they can do the same at my house :) 

After that, Dan and I watched Survivor and then it was off to bed for me.

UPDATE ON REMI: He is doing much much better!  The sneezing has pretty much stopped so we are thankful for that.  Our vet called us yesterday to check up on him.  It isn't often that you find a vet who does this, so we are thankful to be a part of Sugar Grove Animal Hospital family.  She also told us that they got Remington's blood work back and everything checked out okay.  His white blood cell count was up a bit, but that was probably due to the kennel cough.  We have still not heard back from the boarding facility, but Dan will be calling this afternoon.  Wonder what their decision will be.  In my opinion it is in their best interest to pay it.  LOL :)

Hope everyone has a GRREEATTT weekend!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS