June Blog Posts

June 2, 2010

Well, I'm a bit behind on blogging.  Not only was I out of town for a few days, I also got the flu on Monday evening and had to take a day off work yesterday.  UHHHHGGG!  Have I mentioned how much I hate getting sick! HATE IT!

Anyways, I'm back today feeling weak and tired, but alive!  There are a bunch of people out at the office today because I'm guessing they have the same thing I had.  It sounds like that stuff is just going around.  I just hope Dan doesn't end up getting it.

I had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.  I got to spend lots of time with my family and friends so I'm pleased.  I left work on Friday, with Remington as my travel companion.  Dan dropped him off with me after his grooming appointment.  He looked great, but he should since it was an 80 dollar hair cut!  GOOD LORD!  Anyways, Remington and I followed Dan to Muncie since he was helping Grandpa Rhoton move.  We arrived in P-town at around 7ish.  Dad had to work late, but Mom was there so we got to chat some.  On Saturday, I had lunch with Kristin and Grandma Fowler came over to play SkipBo with us.  Me and her won 2 games and Mom and Dad won 1.  We are good partners when it comes to SkipBo!  Remington was an angel this weekend really.  He must have known I couldn't put up with too much!  Sunday, Remington and I skipped church and went on a long walk.  It was about too hot to do that, but we made it!  Sunday evening I had Chinese with Rachel (our usual) and we chatted about her upcoming wedding.  It was good to see her!  I left P-town on Monday at 1 and headed over to Grandpa Rhoton's old house.  Pam had some stuff she wanted me to look at.  I ended up getting an old antique hope chest that was up in the attic.  It is very old and dusty, but I think that Dad is going to refinish it for us.  Mom and Dad were nice enough to go and pick it up for me :)  I got home at about 3 and Remington and I took a little snooze with Dan.  We were very happy to see him.

Monday night is when I got sick.  I felt awful all night and the next day, but I'm getting back to normal.  I started disinfecting the house last night since Matt and Hannah are coming to stay with us one night this week and I don't want them to get sick and then bring it back to Heather and the babies.  The good thing is that our house will be nice and clean when they arrive :)

Since I missed work yesterday I'm swamped today.  Go figure!  And I have to work late tonight.  The good thing is... it's going to be a short week!  YAY!

June 3, 2010

Today is my Dad's Birthday!  I gave him a call this morning with a singing Birthday telegram, however, I don't think he was all that impressed.  All he seemed to care about was if I was feeling better.  I guess that's what Dad's do.

Let's see, what did we do last night.  Well, I stayed late at work because I had a student calling for pledge reminders.  She was an intern in the past so I didn't have to stay too long with her.  When I got home, Dan had made dippy eggs for me.  He wasn't sure what I would want since I had been sick, but I was starving and they tasted sooooo GOOD!  I then took a short nap because I was sooo tired from the long day and not fully recovered from my sickness :)  Afterward, I cleaned the whole upstairs of the house.  Washed everything I could think of to prepare for our guests that are coming tonight :)  Hopefully I will get the downstairs nice an clean this evening :)

Matt and Hannah come in at 2 in the morning tonight.  It makes me sad that I really won't get to see them much since I will have to go into work the next day and I'm sure they'll  be sleeping.  But even a little bit of time with them will be worth it :)  I'm looking forward to it!

Happy Birthday Dad and safe travel to Matt and Hannah!

June 4, 2010

It's actually the first nice sunny day we have had in a while.  We needed it since I've heard that it's going to rain over the weekend.  BLAH!

Yesterday was a busy day at work.  We are planning our next years schedule so we have been having retreats most of the month of May and June.  I'm thankful for these since it helps me to learn more about my job and the job of other departments around campus.

Last night was pretty uneventful.  I have been so tired when I get home at night, that I usually end up crawling in bed with Dan and Remington for a little nap after work night.  Last night was no different.  After my short snooze I made dinner.  Alfredo with mushrooms and tomatoes!  SOOOO GOOD!  Dan actually eats this too if you can believe it.  We then just hung out in the bedroom, watching Remington play and watching TV! I should have been reading my book for school since my class starts TODAY, but of course I didn't and just put it off like always.  I have to get out of the habit of this.  We unfortunately did not get to see Matt and Hannah.  It is disappointing, but I understand the reasons behind it.  Maybe some other time.

I'm so happy that today is Friday!  I'm ready for the weekend.  I'm hoping to clean the rest of the house and hopefully talk Dan into hanging up the rest of my curtains!  YIKES!  That's a bit scary!  Probably the rest of the weekend will be spent doing homework.  UHHHHGGG!  Is that stuff seriously starting again!  BUMMER!

Well, off to enjoy my day of sunshine! Hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend!

June 7, 2010

Not much to say today... kind of down in the dumps really.

The weekend was productive.  I got the whole house cleaned and all the laundry done.  That is always a huge undertaking.  Unfortunately, no curtains were hung.  I swear my husband will find any excuse not to do that for me.  It is beginning to look like I'm going to have to take matters into my own hands.

Other than that, I did a little school work and walked the dog a few times and that was about it.  Trying to prepare myself for another week....

June 8, 2010

Stormy day out today.  Not right now, but soon.  We are suppose to get some pretty rough weather this evening.  No walk for us tonight it sounds like.  BLAH!

Remington had a bit of a rough night last night.  He got sick around supper time pretty bad.  He threw up 3 times.  YIKES!  But he seems to be feeling better this morning (running around like a crazy dog).  I always get a kick out of Dan's face when Remington gets sick.  He just stands there and stares like he has no clue what to do.  I'm constantly having to tell him go get this, go get that... but most of the time I just tell him to take Remington away from the mess and I do the rest.  Wonder how he'll be when we have kids.  O'boy!

Tonight I have to make an ice cream cake for our pitch in tomorrow.  We are having our ALL-staff meeting and a carry in.  I of course love these.  It gives me a chance to talk and eat a bunch of good food of course.  Also, it's the season finale of GLEE!  We are excited about that.  I know... we watch way to much TV for our own good.

Off to work I go!

June 9, 2010

The rain has arrived!  Boy did it storm here last night.  We got a lot of rain which I'm grateful for since we did need it. And our newly planted grass needed watered :)

We were pretty worthless last night.  We had dinner, made ice cream cake for my carry in today, and watched TV the rest of the evening.  I recorded this new show call the GREAT WHITE SHARK EXPEDITION! It was sooooo awesome!  For those of you who don't know... I love Great Whites.  My dream is to cage dive in S. Africa with them!  Anyways, the show is about these researchers who are catching the Great White, putting a transmitter device on them and then tracking them for research purposes.  It is sooo interesting.  Dan and I are both sooo obsessed with the show now.  I don't know what it is, but I love watching stuff like this.  Our other favorite shows right now is Whale Wars and River Monsters!  What can I say, we're weird.

Today should be a fun day.  We have our carry in and the whole house is FULL of food!  YIKES!  I'm going to be sleepy this afternoon!

Well... off to work!  Hope everyone has a good day!

June 10, 2010

It's an early day for me today!  I was up at 5 to get ready for work, then off to the airport to drop off my friend Myla.  She is going to Nova Scotia for a few days.  Then it was off to work.  I was here very early so I sat an ate a cinnamon roll that was left over from yesterdays carry in.  My plan was actually to do homework, but of course that didn't happen.

I spoke to Heather though email and the babies are very close to arriving.  I cannot tell you how excited I am.  It truly gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.  She says that they have a list of names that they will take to the hospital with them and then once they have a look at the babies they will decide.  I personally think it is a good idea to not tell anyone the names you are wanting because everyone has an opinion and what if you really like a name and your mother-in-law hates it for example.  I would rather just name the kid and then it really doesn't matter what everyone else thinks, its a done deal.  She also said that she is very limited on what she can and can't do and she is having a very hard time with that.  I can understand that.  I just can't wait until they arrive and we get to see them and learn about their personalities and all that jazz!  It is soooo exciting to be a soon to be aunt of TWINS!  Can't wait!

It was a pretty good evening last night.  Once I got home from work Dan and I took Remington for a nice long walk around the neighborhood.  He was such a good boy on his walks... (when we have his gentle leader on).  For dinner Dan made a steak and baked potato.  I just had a baked potato which was really all I wanted after the huge meal I had at lunch from the carry in!  Then we started watching So You Think You Can Dance!  I swear, if I could just get away from watching so much TV I would lead a pretty productive life.  I'm gonna try to make that happen.

I'm leaving work a little early this afternoon so I can make it to the dentist for a cleaning of the pearly whites.  I hate my dentist... but I haven't gotten around to looking for another one.  We'll see what he does this time to me and it might be the last straw ;)

Well, I had better start my day!  Only one more day until the weekend! YAY!

June 11, 2010

I've made it through another week.  Slowly but surely. Today, once again everyone is out in the office.  It looks to be another quiet day around here. Hopefully I get a lot done!

Dan and I had a nice evening together last night.  We have not been out in a looonnggg time!  I guess it just doesn't seem worth the effort since I turned vegetarian.  Anyways, it was one of those nights when we didn't want to cook and were feeling lazy.  We had a coupon for a couple of places so we went to this place called Shallos.  It's kind of like a bar type place but the food is sooooo good.  We like it because smoking is not allowed :)  HAHA! I didn't get anything too exciting... a salad and some broccoli and cheese soup, but both were sooooo good!  Dan got a tenderloin that was giant in size.  Afterward we headed to Baskin Robbins and got some ice cream.  I love ice cream and pretty much have to beg Dan to go places like this with me.  Dan got Mint Choc. Chip and I got a new flavor they had called Birthday Party Cake.  It was awesome!  We sat outside on the tailgate of the Element and watched the cars go by on 31.  It wasn't anything too special, but it was sooo nice because it reminded me of the old times we used to have together when life was simple and we had no responsibilities. :)  I miss those days.

I'm ready for the weekend, even though I think it is suppose to rain the whole time.  I have a ton of stuff that needs to get done.  Homework, housework, dog work, etc. It will be nice though, because Dan has a written test from 8-1 on Saturday for the Franklin PD so it will give me some time to do stuff around the house without too much interruption :)

Well, I better get going... Have a happy Friday everyone!

June 14, 2010

We had a pretty good weekend.  Didn't do much, but it was a good weekend.  Saturday, Dan was up early to go to his test.  He was there until 12:30.  I guess it went pretty good.  This was the exact same test he took for the Metro process.  The only downside was there was probably over 200 people there.  YIKES!  Oh, well... we'll see. I spent that morning cleaning up the house.  I was happy that I got it all finished before Dan even got back home!

On Sunday, I got up early and worked on homework most of the day.  Chanelle, a friend from college, stopped by with her new puppy... an Italian Greyhound.  She named him Brigham!  He is a cute little guy.  He loved Remington even though they weren't allowed to play together.  Italian Greyhound's bones are very brittle as a puppy so you have to be very careful with them.  After she left, Dan and I made blueberry pancakes for dinner.  They were very good!

The entire weekend it stormed.  I mean really bad storms every night.  You would think that it would take some of the humidity out of the air, but nope it is still as humid as ever! I came into work this morning and the air conditioning is out.  BLAH!  It is 85 degrees in the Alumni House at 8:30 in the morning.  It should be an interesting day that's for sure.  They think that maybe something was struck by lightening over the weekend.

Another exciting thing that we found out yesterday was that Mike (our dog sitter as most of you know him) his Dad is getting a goldendoodle!  We are so excited!  Rick has been wanting one since they kept Remington for us during our honeymoon.  They just fell in love with him.  Anyways, Mike sent us a picture of the one they are getting.  It is a caramel colored one!  So pretty!  I'm not sure if it is a girl or boy, but we do know they it's a standard size!  I hope that Remington gets to mean the little thing sometime :)  They pick it up this weekend!  How exciting!

Well, I'd better get to work.  Looks like I'll be working in a sauna the rest of the day.

June 15, 2010

It's still a sauna in here at work!  BLAH!  However, it isn't as bad as the heat was yesterday.  It actually got up to 92 degrees in the office yesterday.  That is craziness.  I guess that one of the compressors blew and now they have to replace the entire AC unit.  This means we are without AC until Thursday at the earliest! WOW!  However, the good thing about it is... WE HAVE NO DRESS CODE!  I get to wear tank tops to work! HOLLA!

June 16, 2010

Came into work this morning and... the AC is fixed and running!  The sauna that I was in yesterday is now an icebox.  What did I say... "I will never complain about the AC again."  Hmmm... that might be difficult since I'm dressed for the heat today and it is now freezing cold in here!  O'well.

We had horrible storms again last night.  Tornado warnings and 60 mile per hour winds.  Uhhhhggg!  I heard this morning that we've have more than 10 inches of rain.  I don't know how much more of this I can take.  Things were blowing around everywhere last night.  The neighbors trampoline blew over into there house it was sooo windy!  YIKES!  I wonder if I busted out a window?  Anyways, I also went and picked Myla up from the airport from her trip to Nova Scotia.  She has a wonderful time!  I'm happy she got back safely though.

Other than that I of course have no news....

June 17, 2010

Today is Pam and Bruce's wedding anniversary.  I'm not sure what year though.  So Happy Anniversary to them!  Pam is flying out to AZ today.  I think she is going to be out there all summer to help with the twins when they arrive.  She couldn't be going out there at a better time.  I guess that Heather got put on moderate bed rest yesterday afternoon so it will be nice for them to have her there to be with Hannah and get some stuff done before the babies arrive.  I wish that they were closer so we could be of more help.

Tonight I'm going to the Rathskeller with Myla for dinner and then we are going to Jersey Boys which is musical theater at the Murat!  We went to Wicked last year and it was amazing!  I can't think of much else beating it, but we'll see.  I'm just excited to spend some time with Myla :)  She's the best.

We were suppose to get our air ducts cleaned this afternoon.  We got a coupon in the mail for a $49.95 duct cleaning for the whole house.  Of course we thought this was an awesome deal, but after looking into it more closely we discovered that it was a scam.  I guess there were 20 reviews on the internet about it being a complete scam.  BLAH!  So we canceled it.  Good thing we looked into it a bit closer.  O'well... we probably just need to pay the $400-$500 to have it done properly.  Maybe we can do that with next years tax check right? :)

Have a wonderful day everyone!

June 18, 2010

I had a great evening last night.  I went to see Jersey Boys with Myla.  A Broadway Musical!  It was soooo good!  The theatre was packed!  I thought that nothing could beat the last one I saw which was Wicked, but I would say that this one came close.  I guess I'll just always have a special place in my heart for Wicked since it was the first one I EVER saw!  A big thanks to Myla for inviting me :)  I also met some great alumni while I was there.  I felt like I was at work since I was constantly telling people about the updates to our campus.  It was fun though :)  I didn't make it home until 11:00 last night and then of course I had to chat with Dan for the next hour or so after that... so I'll a little frazzled today :)

I'm looking forward to the weekend.  Mom and Dad are coming down to see us and staying the night.  They thought it would be a good idea to do this since we are headed to the lakes in the next few weeks and won't get to see us for a while.  I was hoping that we could go for a walk down by the canal, but the weather doesn't sound like it is going to be nice enough for that.  I think it is suppose to rain for the next 4 days!  BLAH!  And its suppose to be in the 90's!  WOWZERS!  I'm still looking forward to having them at our house.  We enjoy their company :)

Pam made it to AZ okay yesterday.  I'm sure she is having a wonderful time already with Hannah!  We are all anxiously awaiting the arrival of the babies!  Every time the phone rings I think it is Pam calling to tell us that Heather went into labor!  It will definitely be a life changing event for the Rhoton's :)  I cannot wait to see pictures of the sweet twins :)

June 21, 2010

Well, the Rhoton twins have arrived!!  They made their appearance yesterday evening on Father's Day.  I don't think that Matt could have had a better present!  We are all so excited!  I think that Pam said the boy was 4lbs 7oz and the girl was 4lbs 3oz.  They really look good!  I think that the boy is having a little bit of breathing issues, but other than that they are both doing great.  Right now, they don't have names, but hopefully later in the afternoon I will find that out :)  I can't wait to see more pictures of them either!

Anyways, Dan and I had a great weekend.  Mom and Dad came up Friday night.  We had pizza for dinner and then watched Law Abiding Citizen with them.  Then on Saturday Dad worked on getting all my curtains hung up for me.  I'm so lucky to have him around or we would never get anything done :) and then we went and ate at Smokey Bones for lunch.  They ended up leaving at around 4 in the afternoon.  I wish that they lived closer to us or us to them. All day Sunday was spent catching up on homework.  YUCK YUCK YUCK!  Have I mentioned how burnt out on school I am. YUCK!  Dan starts his class next week, which means he'll be gone on Tuesday and Thursday nights.... BLAH!  I don't know what I'm gonna do without him there to make me dinner :(  HAHA!

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS