March Blog Posts

March 31, 2010

It's the last day of March!  HORRAY!  Bring on the nice warm weather!  :)

Not a whole lot new really.  Dan went to the eye doctor last night to get a check up and to pick out new glasses.  He made me go with him to make sure he didn't pick out anything dumb.  Like I know what's fashionable.  YEAH RIGHT!  Anyways, that took up a lot of the evening.  Once home I sat down and worked on my paper.  Let's just say I didn't get too far.  I just feel so burnt out!  I mean I have been writing papers consistently for pretty much the past 7 years straight... I don't have much else to say :)  It is just frustrating and tiring.  There are just so many other things I would rather be doing.

I had a hard night last night with my pescatarian diet!  I thought that I was going to break my streak of almost 3 weeks!  I was DYING FOR SOME REAL MEAT!  I'm getting tired of eating whole wheat, soup, baked potatoes, etc. almost every night.  I need to find something else to keep my interest.  The good new is... I had shrimp and didn't ruin my diet.  PHEW!  That was a close one :)

Work has been super busy and I'm so ready for graduation to get here and the students to go home :)  Not that I don't love them, I'm just tired of having to stay late... I'm working late 3 nights next week, plus I have a final paper due.  It is just exhausting sometimes!  O'well, I should not complain.  I mean, I have a job and I should be thankful for that!  RIGHT?  RIGHT!  :)

Oh, yes... I almost forgot!  Dan had a "talking to" with the neighbor kids.  I guess he was woken up at like 2 yesterday afternoon with the kids screaming and playing outside!  He couldn't figure out why they were so loud so he looked out the bedroom window and found that... 6-8 of the neighbor kids were playing in our driveway!  O'boy!  So he tried to go back to sleep for like a half hour he said, but it just got worse, so he got up and went out there and told them what's what!  HAHA!  I guess he wasn't mean or anything, he just said... "I work and night and sleep during the day so I would appreciate it if you would go play in someone else's driveway."  YIKES!  I guess he was pretty pissed off to say the least!  I don't feel bad, those kids have no respect for any one else property and they annoy the crap out of us... so I wouldn't have care if he would have been a bit more mean.  I would have been :)  That's just the grouchy old lady coming out in me...

March 30, 2010

Well, its another lovely day outside.  The temperature by the end of the week is suppose to be almost 80 degrees!  HOLLA!  Bring on the warm weather!!!!

Last night was the same as any other... get home... walk the dog... work out... eat dinner... tv... bed!  I don't lead a very exciting life.  We are still having problems with Remington walking on a leash!  I guess last year at this time he was just a little guy and couldn't do much pulling.  Well, now he realizes that 71 lbs can pull a lot if it wants to.  I refuse to have my dog walk me so I got a gentle leader online last night!  All the reviews were wonderful.  One lady said that she has a 72 lb pit bull who pulls horribly and once the gentle leader was on him, it stopped completely!  The only down fall is that people say that the dog will never learn the proper way to walk without it, but hey, I don't care.  I'll just walk him with that for the rest of his life if it helps! 

Once we got home I did the P90X Ab Ripper and some push ups.  It is incredibly sad how out of shape I am.  I use to be able to go through every little thing in that ab ripper without taking a break and now... I could hardly do 10 per set.  AWFUL!  How did I let myself go????

I should have worked on my paper last night, but of course didn't.  I watched House Hunters instead!  I seem to have turned into one of those people who work better under pressure.  Waiting until the last minute to do things.  I NEVER use to be like this... but as the years have passed by I have turned into something I really didn't want to be.  I guess as long as it gets done it shouldn't matter!

UPDATE ON MY PLANT GROWING: The seeds I planted are doing well... all except the marigolds.  I don't know what happened with them, but none are growing really.  However, the snapdragons, and gazanias are taking off!  Hmmm... I might have to end up growing more of the snap dragons and gazanias if this keeps up!  We'll see!

March 29, 2010

It's hard to believe that March is almost over!  Gosh, I just can't get over how fast time flies!

This weekend was a nightmare!  Remington was on his worse behavior yet!  Dan left early for work on Saturday night at around 5.  I always dread when this happens because I know the rest of the night will be awful!  Anyways, right when Dan left Remington turned into the dog from hell!  He was running all over the house like a maniac, scratching me, biting me, growling!  UHHHHGGG!  By 8 o'clock I was sitting on the floor bawling my eyes out and pleading for him to stop.  It's been a really long time since he last acted this way so it was a little bit of a surprise.  He just knows that I'm not the boss and he takes advantage of the situation when Dan is not there.  I dread the next two weekends since I will be with him by myself during those weekends... say a prayer for me!

Something that I got excited about this weekend was I stopped by Barnes and Nobles to see if they had a Dog Therapy book that I wanted... of course they didn't, but their going to order it for me... well... while I was in there I found 3 vegetarian cookbooks for like 5 bucks on clearance!  They are huge and really nice!  So I have been looking through them all weekend deciding what to cook!  Yes, you heard me right... I said me and cook in the same sentence.  I think that Fridays will be my designated cooking night :)  We'll see!

Not much else exciting happened this weekend.  We took Remington on a few walks, I did work around the house, etc.  This week will probably be completely focused on my next paper for class, only 2 more until I'm done with it!  YAY!  Can't wait!  Of course, then the next one starts :(


March 26, 2010

Yes, the weekend is almost here!  I'm excited for that!  I am leaving early this afternoon from work because one of my Interns can't make it to work on Sunday so I'm covering for her.  BLAH!  Not my idea of a fun time on Sunday... but o'well!  We finally reached our Phonathon goal of $45,000 yesterday.... HORRAY!  All of my students were happy about that!

Some other good news is that my sprouts are growing on each of the groups of flowers I planted.  So far the snapdragons are excelling above the rest, marigolds are in second, and the gazanias are just now poking through!  As far as I'm concerned I'm just happy they are starting to grow :)

I looked into advanced training for Remington and found some decent prices... PetCo offers a 6 week class for $99 and PetSmart offers an 8 week class for $108!  I'm leaning toward PetSmart though.  Dan is on board with this as well which is good!  I also found a Dog Therapy Organization in the Indy area.  It is called Love on a Leash.  I was sent all the information on how to go about getting Remington registered.  It will be a long process, but I'm really wanting to do it.

Other than that not much else going on... I got the Arizona pics posted today... so be on the lookout for those in Rhoton Family Albums :)  Have a great weekend!

March 25, 2010

Yesterday was a good day.  I kept busy at work and didn't have to stay after so I went home to be with Dan and Remington.  The first thing we did was pack some of Remington's toys up and head to the ball diamonds! There is a school very close to us that has a huge open area that Remington loves to go to and run and play!  He hadn't been there probably since the middle of winter so he was bouncing off the walls with happiness to go!  We brought his new kong frisbee with us that we had gotten for him for his first birthday! This was the first time he had gotten to play with it and he loved it!  He would run after it and catch it in the air and everything!  I love to watch him play... it kind of makes you notice the little things in life!  He had a wonderful time there, but was soooo pooped afterwards!  It is suppose to rain today and tomorrow I think so he won't get to go there again until it dries out a bit.

I talked to Dan about enrolling Remington and ourselves in a Intermediate Dog Training class.  This class would focus on more advanced training such as making the dog listen to you under distractions.  I think this would be very beneficial for us since that is our main problem with Remi.  He listens well at home, but when you get him outside that is all lost with all the distractions that he is presented with.  Dan doesn't want to spend the money, but I look at it as an investment.  I mean, we will probably have Remi for about 13 years or so... so why not spend the money to create our dream dog.  Not that he isn't already :)  We'll see!  The main reason I really wanted to do this is because I would love to get Remi involved in Therapy work of some sort.  I would prefer Nursing Homes since that is the area I'm studying, but I would not be picky.  I'm just trying to figure out how to start???

Another thing we have been looking into with great detail is camping tents!  HAHA!  I know it isn't necessarily "my thing" but I would like to do this.  Dan always says that the reason his family took so many vacations is because they would just go camping.  So, we would really like to invest in a nice tent that we can keep for a long time and maybe like a little camping grill?  I dunno... Dan has been researching it.  Personally, right now, I just want to be able to take Remington with us places and let him experience life.  I would love to go someplace so he could play in the ocean or something like that.  I know... it's crazy that I plan our life around our dog, but he is our baby right now... what can I say :/  Like Matt told us when he was at our house... "Remington is going to have a rude awakening when you guys have kids!"  Isn't that the truth :)  O'well... just more of a reason to spoil him now :)

March 24, 2010

It was an absolutely beautiful day yesterday!  I was so happy when the work day was over and I could head home to be with my boys.  Dan and I took Remington on a long walk together.  Remington is getting better with his walking skills and was happy to be out and about.  He has a girlfriend (4 year old golden retreiver named Maggie) that he looks forward to seeing every walk.  He met her last year.  Even when we drive by her house he looks for her.  He didn't get to see her yesterday, but when we walked by her house he went crazy sniffing!  He loves his Maggie girl :) After Remington's walk was over Dan and I took a run together.  I was so proud of Dan for going!  He braced up his knee and went... even though he only ran a little while its good for his knee to get moving again!

It was such a nice day that I even sat my little seedlings outside for some sunshine!  However, I have not seen any spouts.  The packages say 7-14 days until they start to grow... but I can't wait that long!  I want to see them now!

Dan and I had chicken chili (very light on the chicken) for dinner last night.  I have been eating the leftovers for almost 4 days and I'm loving it!  Besides that my pesco-veg diet is going wonderful!  It really is not hard to do at all... however, when I look in the freezer and see all that meat, my mouth starts to water.

I had an online meeting with my professor last night so I was on the computer for almost an hour chatting with her about my next paper. I'll be so happy when this class is over with.  I hate Research Classes!  The next class I'm taking is Aging and the Environment!  I'm not picking as long as there is no research methods involved :)

Other than that... life in Indy/Greenwood has been pretty uneventful... but secretly I like it that way :)

March 23, 2010

Ever since I have started this new position at work I have been under stress it seems.  Don't get me wrong... I'm grateful for the promotion!  It has allowed me to learn a great deal in a very short amount of time, given me new opportunities to experience, and a nice pay increase... but still I feel stressed.

I think that it stems from being a perfectionist and always worrying about if I'm doing the best work possible.  This semester especially has been stressful and worrisome to me.  Since it was my first phonathon that I was in charge of and my numbers were low... meaning... we weren't raising as much money as what we did the year before.  I was so worried that this problem was because of me... that I wasn't doing the best possible job that I could!  However, after investigating the situation more closely I discovered that it wasn't my fault at all!  Instead we were low on the number of callable records we had in each segment.  PHEW!  A weight off my shoulders you would think... not really... I still had to get the money in.  So I started staying late... working harder... and making my students work harder than they had before!  And guess what!  It paid off.  Yesterday I found out that we had surpassed our goal from last year which was $41,000 and will more than likely reach our goal this year of $45,000!  What a great feeling!

I am so proud of my students!  They pushed themselves very hard this semester!  What can I say... they make me look good!  I could not do it without them! 

So a big shout out goes to....



March 22, 2010

Well, I'm quite sad today...

As many of you know, I have added a new hobby to my life recently... raising orchids!  I started doing it when I started my new position at the University because Dan had bought me two of them as congrats present!  They were beautiful and have really been doing well!  I started doing research on them and found out how to properly care for them.  They are very very hard to care for plants and take a lot of time... hint when I say it's my new hobby :)

After they finish blooming you are suppose to cut off the stock and repot them.  I would say that I did that about 2 months ago and both were still thriving... until about two weeks ago.  My pinkish purple one leaves had started to turn yellow and fall off.  I knew this was not a good sign... but kept hoping that it would come out of it.  Well, today I looked up on the internet how to tell if it was dying... and I found out the ugly truth!  My beautiful orchid was not going to make it.  You are suppose to check the roots to see if they are okay... and sure enough the roots were black!  OH NO!  However, the good news is that the roots on my purple and white one seem to be doing fine. 

I recently acquired another beautiful orchid that is currently in my house.  After Grandma Rhoton passed away Grandpa Rhoton saved one of the orchids that was at her funeral for me.  It is a yellow and white orchid.  It is thriving at my house, but when I get home I'm going to check the roots to make sure that there aren't any problems with that one.  I have already repoted it, but will probably have to again since it is by far the largest one I have!  Maybe I'll move it to my office to replace the one that is dying :(

On a much lighter note, I have to tell you about what Remington did this morning!  It had been raining really hard all night... so when I took Remington out this morning the smell of the air was disgusting... worms... you could just smell them!  Our little stoop outside was covered in huge fish worms that were out because of all the rain!  Well after Remington got done doing his business... he discovered these slimy creatures!  Before I could even stop him... he was back in the house with three worms hanging out of his mouth!!!  UHHHHHGGGG!  So here I am, prying my dog's mouth open and pulling the worms out one by one. How gross!  Why is it that dogs are attracted to the most disgusting things?  O'well... it would have made a great picture :)

March 21, 2010

Dan and I had a good weekend.  I got home Friday afternoon and we picked up around the house and got some stuff cleaned.  Mom and Dad arrived from Portland at about 4 o'clock.  It was so nice to see them and Remington was sooo happy to see them :)  We ended up going to eat at Jonathan Bryd's Cafeteria since we both had gift cards for there from Christmas.  Once we got home from there, Dad helped us hang some curtains around the house and then we watched "The Blind Side"... none of us had seen it except for Dan :)  It was really good :)

The next day Dan got up early and made biscuits and gravy for him and my parents and I had eggs.  Then Dad and Dan got to work.  They went out back and pulled two huge stumps out and got the weedy area out back ready to start tiling... we'll see if that gets done or not since my Dad won't be helping with that :)  Mom and I went to Menards because I wanted to get some lamps for the bedroom and also some seed starting trays and seeds.  I had decided that instead of buying flowers this summer and spending like 50 - 60 dollars I was going to grow them myself.  I bought 3 starter trays for $3.50 each, seeds for $1.25 a piece, and some seed soil for like $5.00!  When Mom and I finally got home the guys were done doing their job and were ready for lunch.  They wanted to go and eat at O'Charley's so we took them first to see my office and the Phonathon Room and then went and ate there.  They ended up leaving not long after lunch time :(  I miss them already.

On Sunday I slept in for a while and then got up with Remington.  Most of the morning I worked on planting my seeds in my planters.  I think they look very nice :)  Oh, I forgot to tell you what kind of seeds I got.  I got snapdragons (they remind us of Hannah), Marigolds, and something else that starts with an G... they look like colorful daisies... oh yeah, Gazanias!  Anyways, I hope they do good :/ The rest of the day was spent with Remi Bear :) and watching TV!  I forgot to tell you that we had to upgrade our cable.  They stopped offering our package (basic) so we had to upgrade to one higher.  Just what I need, more shows to watch!  Now I'm watching HGTV, Animal Planet, and TLC like crazy!  I'm so bad!

I'm not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow... another loooonnnngggg week ahead :(

March 19, 2010

Oh happy days!  I got my paper done last night.  UHHHGGG!  It was a long day yesterday.  Worked from 8am - 9pm... came home, showered, worked on my paper from 10pm - 12 am!  But I'm happy that its done and now I can concentrate on the one that is due next week!  The madness never ends!

It will be a short day at work for me today since I worked so late last night.  YAY!  I'll get off at 12!  From there, the rest of the day will probably be spent cleaning up around the house and doing chores.  We took Remington into the groomer this morning for a hair cut!  He is soooo shaggy!  They will probably cut 15 lbs off of him with just his hair :)  I'm excited to see him :)

Dan is making chili tonight for me and my parents.  They should get here probably around 5:30 I would say.  I'm looking forward to seeing them!  Hopefully they make it here safe and sound :)

Other than that... not much else to report on this Friday!  Hope everyone has a good weekend!

March 18, 2010

I cannot believe that this month is already half way over!  I hate it how time just flies by.  It never seemed to go this fast, but I guess ever since I got a "real" job the days just seem to run together.

I had a pretty good night last night and I'm loving the time change.  When I got home from work Dan and I took Remington for a walk.  He is still having some trouble walking politely on his leash.  He did pretty good with this last year, but since he was in the house all winter he seems to have lost all his manners :)  During our walk we discovered the the bugs were awful!  It was like all the baby mosquitoes had been born!  It was not pleasant and poor Remington was covered in them.  They seem to fly into him and get stuck in his fur or something!  I'm glad he's getting his hair cut tomorrow morning!  He'll feel so much better I'm sure!  After we returned from our walk I put on my running shoes and off I went for a run!  I know... you all are so proud of me right :)

Dan made a great dinner last night.  Brown rice, baked fish, and Lima beans :) I had never had Lima beans, but they were actually pretty good.  I have been doing very well so far with my pesco-veg diet since I returned from our trip... it was nice that Dan humored me with a dinner that involved that :)

Once we got everything cleaned up from dinner I curled up in bed and worked on my paper until 10 o'clock.  I'm sad to report that I only made it half way through with being done... but hopefully I'll finish the rest up this evening!  It will be a late night for me anyways since I watch Survivor, Grey's and Private Practice!  It's probably a good thing that I'm not caught up on last weeks missed episodes... that way I won't be so temped to watch TV instead of write :)

March 17, 2010

It really is a beautiful day here today.  The sun is shining and its kind of warm out.  I'm thankful for that.  I finally got my entries posted from the Arizona trip... that took me a little while, but I'm happy I got it done :) Now I just have the pics to upload.  Maybe I'll make Dan do that :)

Work has been busy, but I'm getting stuff done.  I have been working on pledge reminders most of the day today.  On a lighter note, it is Alumni Fac/Staff Appreciation Day so we got free coffee this morning and a nice lunch!  YUM!  It's nice to get away from work for a little bit and enjoy it with your co-workers.

Oh, the furniture came yesterday and I'm very happy with it!  It is nice to have something to set my glasses on when I go to sleep at night.  Remington isn't too sure about it.  I always feel bad when we get new furniture because we seem to take away some of his favorite spots to sleep and run.  O'well... he can just sleep in bed with us more I guess.

Tonight is a designated homework night.  I know... not so fun!  But I have to get this paper done.  It is due on Friday morning and I have not even started.  Sounds like it will be a late night for me.

Mom and Dad are talking about coming down on Friday and staying through Saturday!  I'm pretty excited for that since I feel like it has been a looonnnggg time since they were last at our house.  Hopefully Dad can help me with some projects while he's here.

I have a lot I want to accomplish this weekend!  I would like to go and get some stuff for our bedroom such as lamps, frames, etc.  I would like to get the flower bed weeded and put some Preen down before I start planting my flowers for the summer!  And the garage needs cleaned out again since it is finally done snowing and I don't have to worry about salt being all over the place!  Plus, I need to pick up around the house a little bit before Mom and Dad arrive.  I'm going to work late Thursday night so I'll just take my comp time that Friday and get some stuff done before they arrive :) 

Can't wait!!!

March 16, 2010

Well, we made it back to Indiana with no problem at all.  Right when we got here, we went to pick up Remington.  He was so happy to see us, but I think a little bit sad to leave Mike.  He loves his Uncle Mike!  I have to admit there is nothing better than being showered with affection from your dog!  He makes Dan and I feel like we are the best people on earth some times :)

Once home, we tried to get our stuff unpacked as much as possible, but there are still suitcases lying around the house.  We were both so tired and just wanted to spend time with Bear... so we took showers, put on our pj's, and hopped into bed to cuddle with Remington.  All three of us were asleep in no time at all!

I was up at 6 this morning... uhhhggg... what would that be Arizona time... 3 in the morning?  BLAH!  Once into work I was surprised (not really) with a ton of emails... 176 to be exact and a stack of work on my desk.  I guess that's what I get when your gone for 2 days!  Dan was responsible for getting the bedroom swept and ready for the furniture to arrive!  I can't wait to see it when I get home!  It will be so nice to actually have a place to put the rest of my clothes, instead of them sitting in the spare bedroom :)

Well, I had better get to work!  I'll try to post pics of the trip and entries tonight, however, I have a paper due Friday so that might be first on my list to accomplish!

March 9, 2010

Our big trip to Arizona is almost here... just need to get through this day at work, drop off the pup at Uncle Mike's, and pack up the rest of our stuff!  I am really looking forward to it, but I'm also very nervous.  This will be the longest plane ride that I have ever been on.  I hear its around 4 hours.  UHHGGG!  This kind of scares me, but hopefully I'll just sleep through most of the trip :)  I packed a few good books to read so hopefully that will pass the time quickly as well.  We are heading out of Indiana at 6:00!  I hate the thought of getting up that early... and we should arrive in Arizona at 8:00 am their time!  It seems like this week has flown by so far, which is kind of strange, but it is probably because I'm so busy!  :)  I will be trying to keep journal entries of the trip to the best of my ability.  Once I get home I will update the "Vacation Journal Entries" tab so everyone can read about our Arizona trip!  Hopefully I'll have some good pictures to post too :)

Also, I think after I return I'm going to try to go Pesco-Vegetarian!  I know, you probably think I'm crazy, but a lady at work is doing it and she loves it.  She says its really not that hard.  I have been reading up on it and the health benefits of doing it is wonderful.  Plus... I tried on a pair of shorts for Arizona and I could hardly fit in them!  I have worn these shorts since I was in HS with no problem, so this was kind of an eye opener to me.  I have got to start doing something about my weight.  I'm not saying that I won't eat chicken every now and again... of course I will, but I'm going to try and focus my energy on this more than usual!  I even subscribed to a Vegetarian magazine!!!

P.S. Speaking of fat... we took Remington to the vet yesterday and he weighed 71 lbs!  HOLY COW!

March 8, 2010

Well, the weekend is over and it is back to work!  I have a ton to do at work and around the house before we leave for Arizona, but I had to take a minute and post a little something.

Our weekend was quite eventful.  Yes, we bought furniture for the bedroom!  Two nightstands, a chest, and a dresser with mirror!  It will be delivered Wednesday when we return from AZ!  On Saturday we went to Muncie, ate a quick lunch with Mom and Dad Fowler, and then stopped by G-pa Rhoton's house to fix his mailbox.  Even though Dan is not the handiest man around he did a pretty good job!  I even got to chat with Boo a bit!  After that is was home to the puppy! Sunday was spent doing chores around the house, making sure my homework for class was up to date and turned in, and watching some stuff on tv!  Oh, and... drum roll please... I went to work out in the evening with Dan!  Yes, I was please with myself as well! :)

We leave for AZ in 2 days.  I cannot believe it's already here.  I have to get Remington's stuff packed up this evening for his vacation at Mike's :)

Other than that... not much else to tell you all!  I had better get to work!  Talk to you soon!

March 5, 2010

What a morning.  I got into to work and had one of my co-workers greet me with the magazine, South.  She asked me if I had seen my article yet?  I stood there a bit bewildered?  What was she talking about?  And then she opens one of the pages to my wedding picture!  I had completely forgotten that one of my other co-workers, Jen Huber, was writing a free lance article on destination weddings and had asked to interview me and also asked for some pictures.  Anyways... long story short it had been published!  COOL!  I have to hurry after lunch and see if I can buy a bunch for family!

Once I got inside work I had to stop by Alumni Relations and see Jenny's new puppy Clark.  He is a yorkie and is as cute as can be!  I even brought a few treats for him from Remington :)

Other than that... I'm happy its Friday!  So ready for the weekend!  Dan and I finally got our tax check in the mail so we are heading out tonight to see if we can find some bedroom furniture that we like.  We have been waiting so long to get some... almost a whole year... so I'm ready!  I just hope it doesn't cost us an arm and a leg!

March 4, 2010


Some people have it... some people don't.  Unfortuntantly, I'm one of those people that don't!  Why? I'm not sure... I mean I work hard at things that are important to me.  But when it comes to something that I really don't care about that's when I really need something to motivate me.

See... here's my problem!  I'm sooooo outta shape!  Like probably the most out of shape I have ever been in my life.  And on top of that I'm gaining weight.  Now don't get me wrong, I know that I'm not fat by any means, but I have no muscle mass at all anymore so those abs that I use to have are now just flab!  That should be motivation enough for me right?  WRONG!  It seems like since I have gotten married, I have kind of stopped caring about how I look.  I mean come on... I'm married which means Dan is stuck with me forever so I don't have to care about what I look like, right?  The thing is that I worry... I worry because I know that I don't eat well (candy is my love) and I know that eventually I'm going to start gaining a lot of weight which is NOT what I want!  So I need to get the motivation to change my habits!

Dan has been doing so good.  He's going to the gym... eating right... etc.  But I'm lacking in all those areas!  I mean, when do I have the time to go to the gym.  I work all day, have homework at night, and a sweet dog to take care of!  But I must make time no matter what!

Since the weather is getting nicer I feel like that may be my motivator!  I mean no one wants to look fat in their bathing suit!  Or maybe since I'm a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding this fall?  Whatever it is I hope it comes fast!

Other than that... the day has been going well!  I woke up to the sun shining which is always a good thing.  I almost got my Research paper finished last night so I don't have to think about that anymore... and its almost Friday!

Maybe I'll go for a run after work.... hmmmmm????

March 3, 2010

What a great day so far.  I have been very productive.  Gotten caught up on quite a bit of work.  And I was given a brand new laptop computer for my work area! HOLLA!  I guess that Katie, the Assistant Director before me, had put in a request for it while she was here and it just now came so I got it!  Double HOLLA!  It will take some getting use to, but it might just come in handy... you never know :)

Now... if I could only get my Gerontology Research Paper finished!

March 2, 2010

VIENNA!  HE PICKED VIENNA!  WOW!  After watching the Bachelor last night I have to say that I wasn't that surprised.  You can just tell he is very much so in love with her.  Even though she wasn't my favorite... I guess all that matters is that he is happy right?  And now he plans on going on Dancing with the Stars!  What is up with people... do they not have jobs!  GOODNESS!

Yesterday was a busy busy day.  I had to get two new scripts ready for the callers, plus forms printed out and e-pledge reminders prepared to send out!  After doing all that I predict these next two segments will only last them probably the next two days... BLAH!  I was hoping I could at least get them through this week so I would have Spring Break to prepare the next one.  Oh well... time flies when your having fun I guess.

I ended up getting home last night around 6:00 since I stayed late to finish up work around the office.  Once home I decided to be brave and since all the snow has melted mostly in our backyard I would go out and pick up poop from Remington!  All I have to say is DISGUSTING!  We have not done this in a long time since there has been so much snow and you just can't find the stuff and let me tell you... you could tell!  There was so much of it I filled a whole Walmart sack full!  I know... to much info... right?  While I was out there the neighbors came outside too and showed me there new puppy Frankie.  I guess he is a lab/sheltie mix.  Super cute!  This really surprised me though since their daughter has always been scared to death of dogs!  Even when Remington was little she would not come close to him.  Well, it looks as if Frankie has cured her of this fear!  She seems to love him and even asked me if Remi and Frankie could have a play date.  LOL... I think we had better wait a while on that until Frankie grows a bit!  :)  It will be a struggle now however trying to take Remington out to potty during times that Frankie isn't out since Remington will want to go see him!  Oh well.  I'm happy they added a doggy member to their family.  Dogs bring so much joy... as well as clean up duty :)

March 1, 2010

Most of you that know me, already know about my guilty pleasure... The Bachelor!  Well, the final show is tonight and I am so excited about it!  Jake will choose between Tenley or Vienna or neither... we shall see!  My prediction is he will choose neither.  I think he is in love with them both and he thinks that if this is the real thing that his love for one would be stronger than his love for the other!  I dunno, but I'm pretty excited.  AND... don't let Dan fool you... he's excited too :)

Sunday was a pretty relaxing, down to earth day... I lounged around the house with Remington and once Dan got up we hung pictures around the house.  This is something we have been meaning to do, it just doesn't seem like we ever get around to it!  After that we watched two of our favorite shows... The Amazing Race and Undercover Boss!  Neither one was a disappointment :)

February 27, 2010

What a lazy day this has been.  Dan and I were up at 6:00 to feed Remington and then all three of us went back to bed until 11:00!  Dan made wraps for lunch and they were so good!  I'm so glad that I have a husband who can cook!  :)  After lunch we cleaned the bathrooms and our bedroom!  Dan had to leave early tonight for work to be at a detail... so Remington and I cleaned the family room upstairs and watched some episodes of The Closer.  It was kind of lonely around here without him.  I have been doing soooo much laundry around here as well!  How do things get so dirty so fast!  I didn't get to go to dinner with Curt tonight because it ended up that he couldn't make it to Indy.  We talked about trying to do go sometime in April!

It rained some here today which is a good thing because it makes the snow melt even more!  It is sooo nice to actually be able to see the grass for once.  Its been a long time coming.  I'm am looking forward to getting out of this cold and into the warmth in Arizona in a few days.  I've been writing a packing list for myself and for Remington since he will be staying with his Uncle Mike!  Have I mentioned that I'm gonna miss Remi like crazy!  However, I know that he'll be in good hands and Mike will probably be happy to have the company!  I just hope this week at work goes by fast because we are really looking forward to this trip!! I'm sure it will though since I have a lot to do :)

Anyways, I better run... I have more laundry to put away and fold :)

February 26, 2010

It's FRIDAY!  The end of the week has finally come!  What a relief and blessing!  Not sure why this week has been so draining on me, but I feel like I have been hit by a truck!  UHHHGGG!  On a much happier note, I'm excited that the weather is finally getting a little bit better!  The snow has been melting and the sun has been shining!  I'm thankful for that... that's for sure!

Yesterday was an eventful day.  I worked half day and then went home and Dan and I cleaned the whole downstairs of the house.  This can be quite a chore for us since we are use to only cleaning a small apartment so we tend to do it is sections.  I was sooo pleased with how everything looked after we were finished and I felt like I had accomplished something!  After doing that, I got my hair trimmed and highlighted at Madison Avenue Style (my favorite salon around)!  My poor hair needed it sooo badly and I'm very happy with the cut and color!

Now it's another day at work trying to stay ahead of the game.  I feel like I have so much on my plate and I just can't keep caught up... yet I always seem to make it through anyways.  I'm going to try to tackle some of the upstairs cleaning this evening, but most of my time will be spent just hanging out with my boys (Dan and Remington)... nothing can be much more fun than that!

This weekend looks to be eventful.  Saturday I'm going to try to finish getting the house done cleaning wise!  I know you are probably thinking I clean alot, but right now I'm doing Spring Cleaning, that's why it's taking up so much of my time and energy!  :)  Then on Saturday I'm meeting up with Curt (my best guy friend from HS) for dinner at Shallo's!  I'm looking forward to this since I haven't seen him in quite some time :)  Sunday will be spent doing homework!  I'm trying to get ahead of things there since we are heading to Arizona in a few weeks to visit Matt and Heather and the Lord knows I don't want to have to be working on a paper while I'm there!

Hopefully I'll get everything accomplished that I want to!

No comments: