Weekend Warrior

Most "normal" people... and I use that term loosely... use their weekends for fun.  They do things such as lay out in the sunshine, go shopping, travel to see family, etc.  I on the other hand... being a not so "normal" person... seem to use my weekends for the complete opposite, that being work work work!  I do things such as homework, cleaning up around the house, working outside, etc.  These things are not fun, but they do help keep sane.  I would call myself a Type A personality because I have to have things a certain way.  Here are some symptoms of my ridiculous behavior...
  1. Time urgency and impatience, which causes irritation and exasperation.
  2. Free floating hostility, which can be triggered by even minor incidents.
  3. Competitiveness, this makes me orient towards achievement which causes me to become stressed due to wanting to be the best at whatever it may be i.e. clean house/good grades
...Dan is often the one who falls victim to my irritation, exasperation, hostility, and stress, but he deals with it like a champ :)  Anyways, this weekend was no different... I tried to get as much stuff done around the house as possible before we leave for the lakes on Wednesday, but I tried to leave a little bit of room for fun :)

FRIDAY EVENING... was actually fun.  I was wanting Chinese food, so on our way to pick up some stuff at PetSmart for Remington we stopped and got some Chinese.  It was soooo good!  I love the place that we go because it has a lot of vegetarian options and I don't have to constantly worry about what I'm eating :)  It was a beautiful evening, so once we got home from dinner we went on a long walk with Remington.  I really wanted to go downtown by the canal to walk, but there was an Indians game and we hate dealing with the traffic down there when that is going on... so I settled for a walk around the neighborhood.  It took a little convincing, but I got Dan to come with me and I think he enjoyed it for the most part even though he won't admit it!

SATURDAY... was not as productive as I would have liked.  I planned on getting up early and starting on my list of chores, but of course I chose to sleep in instead.  When I finally managed to roll myself out of bed it was almost time to go visit one of my friends from DoodleKisses that lives in my area.  DoodleKisses is an online community for Labradoodle and Goldendoodle owners.  Anyways, my friend, Brenda, has just gotten a new puppy so I had to take some time out and go see that sweet puppy of hers.  She is beautiful isn't she :)



When I got home from that, Dan and I sat down and worked on Remington's toenails.  UHHHGGG!  I know, this doesn't sound like fun does it.  We clip Remington's nails ourselves... and it always takes a long time because he doesn't like it all that much.  I was glad to get that done and over with!  The rest of the day was spent cleaning up around the house and doing homework.  Nothing too exciting really.

SUNDAY... was pretty uneventful.  I finished cleaning the upstairs... now just the downstairs to finish!  I will probably get that done on Monday for sure.  I talked to Pam (Dan's Mom) today.  I guess they had to put a feeding tube into Max.  He isn't eating as well as Blakely.  The doctors think that Blakely should be able to come home at the end of this week.  Max on the other hand isn't as big or strong, that is why the feeding tube was inserted, to hopefully get him to get more strength so he'll be able to come home as well.  I think this might be a good thing.  Heather will get Blakely home and get situated with her and then Max will come.  Having twins in the house is going to be a big adjustment for everyone living there!

Well, that is pretty much all for my weekend. Even though I still have stuff to do before we leave, I actually feel like I made a BIG dent in my "to do" list.  Just 3 days away from rest and relaxation... plus some time with my niece and nephew!


One of my favorite coves on Buckeye Lake

My buddy Elliott!


And sweet Mallory (who won't have much to do with me, but I'm hoping to change that with this trip)

No comments:

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS